PDA

View Full Version : Logic 8 audio managment with Mac Pro and MacBook Pro

seisend
Jul 20, 2009, 03:56 AM
Hi there,

I already have a MacBook Pro and I am planning buying a new Mac Pro this or next week. I want to work with my Mac Pro at home and with the MacBook Pro on the road with the same audio librarys. So my question:

DO I need to put my librarys similiar on the harddiscs on the Mac Pro and MBP. For example on both the same path like "Macintosh HD/Soundlibrary" or does it not matter? I know that I can save the hole project everytime with all samples, but this will make my projects too big and I would love to have on my Mac Pro an other Harddics managment than on my MacBook Pro. I don't want to set my Library path everytime logic asks cause my path of files will change ,too.

Or, how do you guys handle this when you're working on the road with your MB?

THANKS !

ChrisA
Jul 20, 2009, 11:16 AM
Do you know about "aliases". "Alias" is the term Apple uses for what others call a "link"

In the finder you can right click a file or folder and selct "make alias" and that drag to some other location. The alias is anopther name for the same file or folder. So the file or folder can be in two containing folders at the same time.

seisend
Jul 20, 2009, 11:51 AM
Do you know about "aliases". "Alias" is the term Apple uses for what others call a "link"

In the finder you can right click a file or folder and selct "make alias" and that drag to some other location. The alias is anopther name for the same file or folder. So the file or folder can be in two containing folders at the same time.

Yes, "alias" works like a "shortcut" in windows. So I creat an "alias" on my MBP for the soundlibrary for example "Macintosh HD/SoundLibrary" and I got the library from the mac pro in this location "Multimedia HD/XY/AB/ZY" I could creat an "alias" folder on both Macintosh HD (main HD's) and Logic will automaticly recognice the right direction cause the aliases got the same path...?