Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morphalex

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Recently i have experienced two gray screens with the MacBook freezing telling me I had to do a hard shut down or restart. I don't know anything unusual while this happens but it's very random. Once I'm playing Heroes of Newerth and it completely freezes on me with that popping up..anyone know what the cause is and how to fix it? Thanks.

matthewscott661

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
Chicago
osxerror15nn.gif

was it this. because if so that means there was an error within the OS. if it continues you should reinstall OS X and see if that solves it.

morphalex

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Yes I have found out that ever since I installed Microsoft silverlight plugin it's happened twice. So I'll remove it later when I get home and see if it happens again. Thanks!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
because if so that means there was an error within the OS. if it continues you should reinstall OS X and see if that solves it.

It's called a kernel panic, and it doesn't mean an error in the OS. It's more commonly associated with hardware issues or 3rd party kernel extensions.

And don't waste your time reinstalling the OS without trying to find the problem first.

Check the Apple support site for info on a kernel panic and how to deal with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.