PDA

View Full Version : Question: Capturing pop-up video clips?

Bangkok is Hot
Jun 10, 2004, 04:05 AM
Greetings... I made the switch to Apple last December and am VERY happy. However, the one thing that I cannot figure out how to do is save video clips from pop-up windows.

I capture ad clips daily from www.adforum.com to use when teaching. In Windows, I can 'save as' or else dig the file out of the temporary Internet files. With the Apple, I have not figured out a way to save these ads in the pop up windows...

Can anyone help?

Many thanks! :)

realityisterror
Jun 10, 2004, 09:08 AM
once one of the popups popup, go to Window --> Activity. in that window, find the file being loaded that is the largest and if probably an MPG. then hold option and double click that file... the movie will start downloading to a file on your desktop (or where ever your default place is)

:)
enjoy,
reality

wrldwzrd89
Jun 10, 2004, 09:14 AM
once one of the popups popup, go to Window --> Activity. in that window, find the file being loaded that is the largest and if probably an MPG. then hold option and double click that file... the movie will start downloading to a file on your desktop (or where ever your default place is)

:)
enjoy,
reality
Thank you realityisterror! I've been wondering about this too.

Bangkok is Hot
Jun 10, 2004, 05:25 PM
It works - thank you VERY much!!! Now everything I need is being handled by the Apple - this is fantastic!