Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chelsealov3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Cali
Everyone has one, so let's share them.:D

Here's mine:
1.iMac
2.Tv
3.Mini Fridge, full of Mountain dew.
4. Okidata Printer, way outdated.
5.Original xbox
6.xbox 360

Attachments

• nerdcave.png
    nerdcave.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 5,981

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
It wouldnt be much of a cave if you turned the light on.
That room would give me a major headache. I need lighting when it comes to electronics. Especially TVs and monitors.

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
photo2.jpg

First shot of my desk: Macbook, paper for writing programming notes, beer, coke, wallet, cigarettes, coffee, water, keys to my car.

photo-1.jpg

Second photo, full view of my corner at work on the top of a loft, from the left: My desk, book case of programming books, pool table, TV (that is never used).

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/joshlatte/photo2.jpg

First shot of my desk: Macbook, paper for writing programming notes, beer, coke, wallet, cigarettes, coffee, water, keys to my car.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/joshlatte/photo-1.jpg

Second photo, full view of my corner at work on the top of a loft, from the left: My desk, book case of programming books, pool table, TV (that is never used).

Cool place. Where do you work?

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
Cool place. Where do you work?

I work at a small web development company in San Diego, the office is very nice though. Much larger team, but there's only 5 of us programmers there. The guy who founded the company wanted his office to be more homely feeling, with the regular lights rather than flourescent, floors, nice kitchen etc.

By the way, I think this thread is fine. Some of those other ones got too long anyways, and this is more of a combination, since it's like the cave, etc etc. At least IMO.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008

Just wondering. In the rare cases when you're stressed out doing your programming work, do you take a sip of everything (beer, coke, coffee, & water) all at once? :confused: :eek: :p :D

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
Just wondering. In the rare cases when you're stressed out doing your programming work, do you take a sip of everything (beer, coke, coffee, & water) all at once? :confused: :eek: :p :D

I just prefer to throw it all into a thermos, add a little creamer, shake it up and chug it down. :eek:

This doesn't qualify. It's clean, there's not a single empty bottle or dirty plate, and there's no sign of an anime model robot/sailor moon.

I know, but Comic Con is this weekend and I'm willing to buy some posters to fix that, just for you :D

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
It looks cool, but what's with the Exit and American Express signs in the background?

Do you live in the upstairs of a starbucks??

haha, we take Amex as a payment when some clients pay for support packages, etc. My boss said there's no real reason it's there except that Amex sent him the sign, and it's more appropriate to hang up than a beer sign. Like I said, very laid back environment, we're not professional looking unless we have to be when potential clients come in for meetings. ;)

The exit sign is there because that's a side door out of the building. I think it's required to have an exit sign at all potential exits, at least in the States?

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2008

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
Here's my geek cave. I prefer sitting on floor pillows, so I made a lower setup for that purpose.

What you see:
Mac mini 2009 edition connected to 32" 1080P Panasonic HDTV.
17" MBP connected to 24" Dell monitor.
PS3, 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, Logitech Harmony One.
17" PC laptop.
14" PC laptop.
Various games, DVD's, Bluray's.
Urban vinyl collection, etc.

Attachments

• geekcave.jpg
    geekcave.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 4,224

mr.suff

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2006
Leeds
Here's my geek cave. I prefer sitting on floor pillows, so I made a lower setup for that purpose.

What you see:
Mac mini 2009 edition connected to 32" 1080P Panasonic HDTV.
17" MBP connected to 24" Dell monitor.
PS3, 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, Logitech Harmony One.
17" PC laptop.
14" PC laptop.
Various games, DVD's, Bluray's.
Urban vinyl collection, etc.

Nice to see that you have a couple of Muttpop pieces!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.