Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netytan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2004
I've been having a few problems ordering directly from apple, mainly because my bank account is in the UK and i'm in Australia. Anyway i managed to place the order and i've aranged for my mum to transfer the money to Apples bank account.

However yesterday while exploring the net i came accross macmall.com.au which is surposed to be an authorised reseller. And after talking to them for a while was told that they can process my order directly.

This would have been easier had i not already aranged with my mum for the transfer to take place - shes just waiting for my email before she will go to the bank. This way the IBook may also end up being slightly cheaper. But this would require canceling the order with Apple and placing the order again though the website which may take a little more time. What do you guys this i should do?

If they are an austhorised reseller then wil the same standards and warentee's still apply as if i ordered directly from the Apple store.. Basically what i'm getting at is that is it the same as ordering directly with Apple? Also has anyone had any experiance with macmall?

http://www.macmall.com.au/

Thanks in advance guys!

Mark.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
if it's an authorized reseller, then you get the same warranty, same product, etc...

i assume you send back any problematic units to apple, just like if you had bought one directly from apple, i think...

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
netytan said:
I've been having a few problems ordering directly from apple, mainly because my bank account is in the UK and i'm in Australia. Anyway i managed to place the order and i've aranged for my mum to transfer the money to Apples bank account.

However yesterday while exploring the net i came accross macmall.com.au which is surposed to be an authorised reseller. And after talking to them for a while was told that they can process my order directly.

This would have been easier had i not already aranged with my mum for the transfer to take place - shes just waiting for my email before she will go to the bank. This way the IBook may also end up being slightly cheaper. But this would require canceling the order with Apple and placing the order again though the website which may take a little more time. What do you guys this i should do?

If they are an austhorised reseller then wil the same standards and warentee's still apply as if i ordered directly from the Apple store.. Basically what i'm getting at is that is it the same as ordering directly with Apple? Also has anyone had any experiance with macmall?

http://www.macmall.com.au/

Thanks in advance guys!

Mark.

Macmall.com.au is Apple Centre Chatswood's online store (Chatswood is in Sydney if you didn't know). I bought my Rev C 12" PowerBook from there a few weeks back. Any Apple computer sold from an authorised Apple dealer in Australia comes with all the same warranty and support that you would get buying direct from Apple Australia via the web.

As far as Macmall.com.au itself goes, I bought my PowerBook directly from the store in Chatswood, and they were friendly and helpful...no complaints at all. A friend of mine recently bought about AU $500 worth of accessories for his 40GB iPod via their online store, and all the gear turned up as advertised...again, no complaints from him.

There will be no problems buying from an authorised dealer in Australia.

netytan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Thanks guys, after thinking about if for a while i'm going to give them a chance and if something goes wrong i'll just have to sort it out then.

Thanks again,

Mark.

netytan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Yet again this is causing me problems. It seems that these stores, both on the web and in cities are NOT set up to handle people not local to that country - something that needs to change in light of the global economy, but enough complaining for now ;). On monday i will cancel my order with Apple; then somehow work out how in hell i am to finally get this over and done with! Curse you apple for making your products just so damn irasitable!

Mark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.