Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdm111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
What up guys?
I am making a video in Final Cut Express, I am having a problem that when i make titles or import graphics the quality once they are in the timeline is horrific! look at this:
Heres an example:
attachment.php

Looks great in the viewer, But in the canvas the quality is so poor? Whats up with this??

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    702 KB · Views: 255

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
The Viewer displays the media in its native format. The Canvas displays the media after it's been compressed by whatever timeline settings you are using. So, for example, if you are working w/hi-res images and a DV timeline the images will look pristine in the Viewer but look poor, by comparison, in the Canvas because of the DV compression.

Lethal

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
To add to what Lethal mentioned, your RT playback quality will also have an effect on what the video looks like in the Canvas. If it's set to "Medium" or "Low" (versus "Dynamic" or "Full"), you'll generally notice a distinct difference between what you see in the Viewer and what you see in the Canvas.

Of course, remember that none of this matters after the video is exported - it should be in line with the export codec's capabilities and any overlaid text should appear sharp when playing it back at native resolution.

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
you also don't have the canvas set to view 100%...

if you're adding graphics/titles, then you need to change your sequence codec to something better than DV/NTSC. you can do this right before your final export.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.