Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I just got a MacBook Pro and want to set it up to Sync on mobile me with my other macs (iMac, Iphone, the Macbook Pro this one is replacing, etc.) But when I go to Mobile Me in preferences and go to the Sync tab, it won't let me click the Synchronize with MobileMe option, and all the choices below are greyed out and unavailable.

I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere. Anyone know what it is? Thanks

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
I just got a MacBook Pro and want to set it up to Sync on mobile me with my other macs (iMac, Iphone, the Macbook Pro this one is replacing, etc.) But when I go to Mobile Me in preferences and go to the Sync tab, it won't let me click the Synchronize with MobileMe option, and all the choices below are greyed out and unavailable.

I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere. Anyone know what it is? Thanks
Try going to: Syst Prefs / MobileMe / click "account" tab... Log out then log back in with your username and password. Close syst prefs window after you logout then relaunch it to log back in...

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Yup, did that and it worked. Thanks!

Try going to: Syst Prefs / MobileMe / click "account" tab... Log out then log back in with your username and password. Close syst prefs window after you logout then relaunch it to log back in...

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
New glitches

Now I'm syncing MobileMe on the new laptop and it's working, with two flaws.

1) It hasn't copied all (or any) of my mailboxes to MacMail.

2) keychains doesn't seem to sync, I have to re-enter my info at all the sites I go to.

Anyone know how to fix these glitches? Thanks!

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Now I'm syncing MobileMe on the new laptop and it's working, with two flaws.

1) It hasn't copied all (or any) of my mailboxes to MacMail.

2) keychains doesn't seem to sync, I have to re-enter my info at all the sites I go to.

Anyone know how to fix these glitches? Thanks!

Do you have these 2 items "checked" in Syst Prefs / MobileMe / Sync tab (at the top)? If so, you may need to decide which Mac you want to use as a primary. The one that has the most correct information on it and do a force sync "up to" MobileMe and "down" to your other devices... Go to Syst Prefs / MobileMe / Sync tab (at top) / Advanced button (bottom right) / there, make sure all Mac's are registered. Then chose your primary Mac / click on "Reset sync data / up to MobileMe. You will see warnings on other devices that information has been reset. Choose "replace data" NOT "Merge data"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.