PDA

View Full Version : Tascam 1082 not available with new iMac

thedooood
Jul 21, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hi
Just taken delivery of a new 3.06GHZ iMac and am trying to get my Tascam 1082 to work with it, without success. Running Reason 4 and will put Sonar 7 on when I get my head around Bootcamp.

Anyone no of any issues or solutions. Also bought a new MacBook pro 17'' and the Tascam doesn't work on that either.

Cheers.

TD:eek:

Darren111
Jan 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hi TD
I have also got myself an iMac and cant get the Tascam 1082 to work with it.
Do you get the Firewire light to come on, on the 1082? Mine use to come on when i plugged it into a large 6 pin Firewire port on my PC.
When i got this desk a few years ago I read that Tascam said you shouldnt use it with the 4 pin (small) Firewire cable as they were having trouble.
I think this has something to do with it. I cant connect this 1082 to any small Firewire connection. Only to the larger 6 pin that is on the back of the 1082. As you know the iMac only comes with the Firewire 800. Even though its not the small 4 pin it is still the small 800..... What do you think?
Can you connect to any other small Firewire port?
I need to get a desk connected so any help would be great from anyone.

Thanks
Darren

Fishrrman
Jan 14, 2010, 09:48 AM
I don't have a Tascam, but would offer a few suggestions:

- When you plug the Tascam in, does it "show up" in the Apple System Profiler as a connected device?

- I've heard that in recent models, Apple has changed something in its firewire controller (perhaps the chip itself). In some cases, where an external device was NOT being recongized, putting something like a hub or another device "between" the Mac and the UNrecognized device got things working again.

- Does the Tascam supply its own power or rely on firewire "bus power"? I would assume that it has its own power supply, since it's a big piece of equipment.

- You might try checking over at:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/
... for additional help.