PDA

View Full Version : Cool hidden easter eggs in games:)

Macmaniac
Jul 11, 2002, 09:17 AM
I'm thought we would start a thread about cool hidden things in the games you play.
Warcraft 2 if you typed in Disco in the expansion set it would play this really funny song-I'm a Medievil man!
In the Starcraft expansion if you are in a zerg level and you type Radio free zerg you have the overmind rap;)

kiwi_the_iwik
Jul 11, 2002, 11:47 AM
OK - so it's not a game at all - but...

if you are the proud (?) owner of MS Word 98, and you've made your language preference English(US), type in:

"unable to follow directions"

Highlight the text, then go to the "Thesaurus" for a list of optional phrases to use in it's place.

One of them is:

"unable to get an erection"

:D :p :) :( :rolleyes:

...silly, really.

job
Jul 11, 2002, 11:35 PM
Seven words :

Starcraft units in Warcraft 3!! :D :D

Simply Beautiful. :)

Macmaniac
Jul 12, 2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by hitman
Seven words :

Starcraft units in Warcraft 3!! :D :D

Simply Beautiful. :)
OMG OMG HOW DO YOU DO IT??????

job
Jul 12, 2002, 05:01 PM
There were some screenshots posted at a Warcraft site. You can find a Zergling, a Hydra, and a Terran Marine hidden in the woods during a Night Elf level. I'll try to find to screenshots. I guess we know what Starcraft 2 will look like ;)

hitman

job
Jul 12, 2002, 05:10 PM
I found this statement on a Starcraft site :

if you play(or cheat) your way through warcraft 3 on hard mode you see a small 30sec. movie... marines attac some zlings and hydras and then firebats come and destroy everything left. you have to watch through the endgame credits too.

here is a pic :

Macmaniac
Jul 13, 2002, 07:45 PM
Awsome!! I am on the orc levels so I still have alittle ways to go. I can't wait to see it. Star2 will be so sweet I can't wait until it comes out.
I have yet to cheat cause I don't know the codes.(DON"T TELL ME)

job
Jul 13, 2002, 07:55 PM
I have been playing the single player a lot since by Bnet does not work. I played the humans and undead already (each a night apiece.) I'm on the orcs and I must say that my favorite race is the undead, just because of their workers (just like the protoss. :D) I won't tell you any cheat codes since I don't know any myself. :D :D

bousozoku
Jul 27, 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by kiwi_the_iwik
OK - so it's not a game at all - but...

if you are the proud (?) owner of MS Word 98, and you've made your language preference English(US), type in:

"unable to follow directions"

Highlight the text, then go to the "Thesaurus" for a list of optional phrases to use in it's place.

One of them is:

"unable to get an erection"

:D :p :) :( :rolleyes:

...silly, really.

Not surprising from the company where you select the word "Mexican" and use the Thesaurus and get "wetback", but thankfully less offensive.

xelterran
Jul 29, 2002, 07:56 AM
wc3 sucks :( sc > wc3

zed
Jul 29, 2002, 09:21 AM
is it just me or is wc3 a little bit difficult. I mean i played wc2 and starcraft and did fine at those. I just keep reading these people saying how incredibly easy the single player campaign is.... well im having a little trouble with it. (troubles didnt actually start until the last undead chapter)

but anyway, are these people using cheat codes to get gold faster or what? or do i just suck at it...... maybe with more practice.....

chibianh
Jul 29, 2002, 10:40 AM
you don't suck, zed.. i do :) No, really, i breezed through wc2 and sc, too, but I'm having trouble with war3. I don't know why.. because of that, i haven't played single player in a while. Been busy with battle.net. Mostly playing custom games, but just started some ladder games. I must say... I SUCK! Ask some of the people on these boards that I have played with and they will tell you.

Anyway, my point is, you do not suck. even if you do suck, there's always someone out there that sucks more than you do... ME! :D

Anh

PyroTurtle
Jul 29, 2002, 11:40 AM
i found WC2 to be fairly hard honostly...
but WC3, i breezed through...
to each their own i guess!
then again, right now i'm breezing through Civilization3 and loving it...oh, and FFX...

So, where's all the Easter Eggs? i was hopping to find some that i didn't know about...

job
Jul 29, 2002, 01:13 PM
So you already knew about the SC units in WC3? :D :D

PyroTurtle
Jul 29, 2002, 01:30 PM
ya, i beat the hard setting in like 2 days, i pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, i love the game, single player at least...don't care to much for b.net, i'm not much of the competitive type...

job
Jul 29, 2002, 02:21 PM
You know of any decent Easter Eggs? :)

I've been looking around in RtCW, but have not found any.

zed
Jul 30, 2002, 04:01 PM
there are a few oddities in the Undead lvl 2... if you take ghouls or a meatwagon and knock down some trees on the left side of the map you will find some sasquaches (sp?) its kinda funny, and then there is another place that you can get to by knocking down more trees that is called the Pandaren relaxation area... it does something kewl when you get there... i have a pic but it is not on this computer, i will post it when i get back to my house.

also at the bottom of the same map to the left is a sheep with an interesting name... he is supposed to do somehting if you approach him, but i didnt see it.... also in the same map, in the human town near the bottom across the broken bridge Tichondrius is there messing witht the villagers.... kewl stuff

anybody else know any others? Im sure there are plenty of things to be found.

zed
Jul 30, 2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
you don't suck, zed.. i do :) No, really, i breezed through wc2 and sc, too, but I'm having trouble with war3. I don't know why.. because of that, i haven't played single player in a while. Been busy with battle.net. Mostly playing custom games, but just started some ladder games. I must say... I SUCK! Ask some of the people on these boards that I have played with and they will tell you.

Anyway, my point is, you do not suck. even if you do suck, there's always someone out there that sucks more than you do... ME! :D

Anh

your too hard on yourself :D

we should meet up on bnet sometime and see who can lose the fastest :D :D

zed
Jul 30, 2002, 10:05 PM
feel weird putting three posts in a row...

but here is the sceenshot, enjoy:

job
Jul 30, 2002, 10:18 PM
Heh, I remember where that is from.

It was a Blizzard April Fools joke; the then unannounced races would include a race of brutal panda warriors. :)

That's pretty funny. :)

Macmaniac
Jul 31, 2002, 07:24 AM
LOL that is really funny!! I like how War3 is difficult I enjoy a good challenge in a game. The AI is really smart, and I find beating a comp in custom is hard!!

Hey Hitman what is your Bent name on War3 so we can play sometime!
I am XDarkSniperX you can find me in channel Macrumors.

job
Jul 31, 2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Hey Hitman what is your Bent name on War3 so we can play sometime!
I am XDarkSniperX you can find me in channel Macrumors.

I'll have to get back to you on that one, my Bnet for WC3 is fubar.

I am playing Starcraft in Bnet though....:)

phgreer
Jul 31, 2002, 12:03 PM
Rush Limbaugh Understands in the game of Myst where when played normally one of the chracters speaks some kind of gibberish but played backwards in QuickTime it says, "Rush Limbaugh Understands"

weird.

job
Aug 1, 2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by phgreer
Rush Limbaugh Understands in the game of Myst where when played normally one of the chracters speaks some kind of gibberish but played backwards in QuickTime it says, "Rush Limbaugh Understands"

weird.

I guess we know what political affiliation the Myst/Cyan coders are. :D