PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch buying dilemma




A.B
Jul 21, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hi,
Was in the market for a iPod Touch, but then heard the buzz around the likely updates/upgrades to the iPod Touch line. Now, the camera is not too important for me but it’s the buzz around other things like an improved processor or mic to enable skype over IP that’s holding me back.
I realise with Apple no one’s sure until the official announcement....but is the general advice for my situation, to wait until Sep? Advice/Suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.



r.j.s
Jul 21, 2009, 08:54 PM
If you can wait, then wait. If nothing else, you can probably get a good deal on the current gen if you don't like the new one.

aethelbert
Jul 21, 2009, 08:55 PM
If you need it now, buy it now. If not, wait..

SnowLeopard2008
Jul 21, 2009, 09:11 PM
If you can use the promotion to get a free one, why not?

184550
Jul 21, 2009, 09:16 PM
Like others have said, if you need it now then get it now. I would personally hold off and wait for Sept. and the newer models. Might as well have the latest and greatest.

upinflames900
Jul 21, 2009, 09:28 PM
Wait unless you get the student deal and get it for free.

Jeffrosproto
Jul 21, 2009, 09:35 PM
.

+1

riversrwet
Jul 21, 2009, 09:41 PM
So it looks like if you make buy one now, you'll get 2.2.1 and have to pay $9.95 for 3.0. Is this true across the board or did I get focked? I just bought this last week.

Tallest Skil
Jul 21, 2009, 09:43 PM
Wait unless you get the student deal and get it for free.

Maybe he doesn't want to buy an entire computer just to get an iPod, eh? Some people just buy iPods.