Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I have a 2nd gen Touch running 3.0. I use it in the car with a Belkin Tunebase transmitter, with headphones at work, and then as an alarm clock with the external speaker.

Frequently, after disconnecting it from the Tunebase dock, it doesn't register that it has an internal speaker. The volume controls don't work, and no volume slider appears on the screen when playing a song.

If I connect it to headphones, the headphones work, but when unplugged, it goes back to "silent" mode.

Connecting back to the Tubebase dock works fine, but again, it's in silent mode when I disconnect it.

If I want to get the speaker back on, I need to shut the iPod down and reboot it.

Is this a 3.0-specific bug, or an iPod touch bug? I didn't start using it as an alarm clock until after 3.0, so I'm not sure what the situation with the volume was.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Ah ok, thanks.

Anyone taking bets on whether it is fixed in 3.1?

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
I don't think it has been specifically addressed as one of the bugs fixed. Apple knows about it, but Beta 1 and 2 just said it included bug fixes. You can check out all the other bugs and workarounds with 3.0 here :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.