Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Hi all, Im planing on purchasing a new laptop in the next few days and was curious about the MBPs 9400M GPU. Iv used the search bar so dont bash me about this question :p. At what level of Graphics in the game, i.e. (low, medium, high, extremely high) can the game be played with no lag? If i buy the MBP im planning on updating the ram to 4gb. How well overall does RCT3 perform on the 13' MBP? Thanks a bunch

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Hi all, Im planing on purchasing a new laptop in the next few days and was curious about the MBPs 9400M GPU. Iv used the search bar so dont bash me about this question :p. At what level of Graphics in the game, i.e. (low, medium, high, extremely high) can the game be played with no lag? If i buy the MBP im planning on updating the ram to 4gb. How well overall does RCT3 perform on the 13' MBP? Thanks a bunch

I can play roller coaster tycoon on max settings on my iMac (2600 xt graphics) without any lag, and on high on a netbook with integrated graphics. You should be fine (just don't expect ridiculous anti-aliasing settings to run well).

ravenousllama

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
Chicago
I'm running the MacBook aluminum with the same graphics card as you and I've been running RCT3 at full res. Like, literally. I went into the custom settings and cranked every single bar and number all the way up. Hasn't dropped below 24 fps. You should be fine.

EDIT: For reference, your proposed Mac and mine are essentially the same, except yours has a Firewire port and an SD card slot. So if it runs on mine, it likely will run the same on yours.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Co-incidence, but was having a blast on this this morning on my MBP.

With 9400 it recommended everything to be medium. Instead I cranked it to high at 1440x900.

With 9600, I maxed it out (extremely high).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.