Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baseball-kid8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I ordered my ipod touch from apple right when it came out. I have had it and had no problems with it until today when I noticed a small speck of udt under my screen. It is small but you can easily see it with the screen of and with the screen on it looks like a dead pixel. My question is if I would be able to go to an Apple store and get it replaced. I do have a few very small but noticable scratches on my screen. Would this be considered a defect and would not allow me to get a new ipod?

Thanks

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I tried this and luckily was able to get a replacement(refurb, but looks like new). I had about five specks of dust within the same area( upper right of screen). I also had a scratch on the screen but was not very noticeable. If you have a apple store nearby just try it, you may get lucky. In my problem I had a case pretty much 100% of the time and had no idea how it got inside.

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC
It's a case by case scenario. Depends on who's helping you and how they're feeling that day, no one knows.

Just go try to get it replaced. If they do replace it for you, congrats. If not, sorry.

Camacho214

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
I had the same problem

I had the same problem with my iPod touch
I had tried getting a replacement at the apple store but they denied my claim but then I found this site Witch
I tried and recommend it's called http://www.ipodjuice.com they will remove the dust for a cheap price

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.