PDA

View Full Version : LucasArts Releases 'Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition' for iPhone

MacRumors
Jul 23, 2009, 02:11 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/07/23/lucasarts-releases-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-for-iphone/)

LucasArts recently released a Special Edition of their classic adventure game Secret of Monkey Island for the Xbox and PC. The modern refresh brings much improved graphics, new musical score and voice-over acting to the 19 year old game. The game has gotten favorable reviews since it's release.

Tonight, LucasArts released an iPhone version (http://appshopper.com/games/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition) of the game into the App Store for $7.99. First impressions (http://toucharcade.com/2009/07/23/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-first-impressions-and-video/) of the game from TouchArcade.com (http://toucharcade.com) reveal it to be a solid port with all the same features of the console and PC versions. A gameplay of the iPhone version is provided:

App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324741347&mt=8

Article Link: LucasArts Releases 'Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition' for iPhone (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/07/23/lucasarts-releases-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-for-iphone/)

WilliamG
Jul 23, 2009, 02:36 AM
Downloading now. 351MB. EVERYONE GET THIS, to encourage Lucasarts to bring The Dig, and Sam and Max etc to the iPhone. W00t!!

MacAndy74
Jul 23, 2009, 02:37 AM
Really enjoyed Monkey Island many years ago. And I was thinking about buying it for my iPhone but the AUD price is $9.99. :eek: That's more than I'm happy to pay for this game. Perhaps there will be a Mac OS version for iMac's / MacBooks.

ikarus79m
Jul 23, 2009, 03:33 AM
Yeah so that's an instant "BUY!!!!" :)

Detektiv-Pinky
Jul 23, 2009, 03:34 AM
Really enjoyed Monkey Island many years ago. And I was thinking about buying it for my iPhone but the AUD price is $9.99. :eek: That's more than I'm happy to pay for this game. Perhaps there will be a Mac OS version for iMac's / MacBooks.

I am also waiting for a native OSX Version.

What I don't get is that it seems to be easy to port those games to the iPhone. At the same time nobody is caring about putting out a Mac version of the game - strange. :confused:

superknoppix
Jul 23, 2009, 03:51 AM
I want the second one... lechucks revenge or whatever...

iphones4evry1
Jul 23, 2009, 04:02 AM
Omg !!!!

I agree with you guys though. I would rather have it on the Mac.

design-is
Jul 23, 2009, 04:17 AM
I loved Monkey Island 2, so I'm hoping for that, but in the meantime I think I'll give this a go!

donlphi
Jul 23, 2009, 04:20 AM
I had been playing a lot of these games on my old hacked iPhone using ScummVM. I would rather see native versions of Zak McCracken and Maniac Mansion. Those games are amazing. I am very curious to see how this one holds up. I'll probably be waiting for a price drop before testing the waters.

chenks
Jul 23, 2009, 04:46 AM
doesn't appear to be on the UK store.

djgamble
Jul 23, 2009, 04:53 AM

Damn 10 bucks :P
I'm an Aussie and just purchased it. Classic game!

MacRumorUser
Jul 23, 2009, 04:59 AM
doesn't appear to be on the UK store.

It's on the irish store so it should be on the UK store.

It's €5.99 (well worth it)

Just do a search for monkey island.....

davwin
Jul 23, 2009, 05:58 AM
Just picked it up from the UK store on my iPhone... 4.99 and took forever to download/install but worth it :)

TraceyS/FL
Jul 23, 2009, 06:01 AM
I am soooo afraid to see how much this is... maybe i should go check the debit card balance first! LOL!!

ETA: $7.99. Ouch. I can't do it right now.... not that it wouldn't be worth it, just can't do that right now. Maybe when i get my refund on Splash Shopper desktop....

stevenz
Jul 23, 2009, 06:57 AM
Is it an "iPhone" version, or an iPhone and iPod Touch version?

The iPod touch does exist y'know. Most of the same stuff runs on it, stop announcing products as for "iPhone" when they run perfectly well on both units.

.Andy
Jul 23, 2009, 07:11 AM
Purchased and installed and am loving it.

themoonisdown09
Jul 23, 2009, 07:12 AM
I think I'll be buying this game. I loved it back when it was first released.

The iPod touch does exist y'know. Most of the same stuff runs on it, stop announcing products as for "iPhone" when they run perfectly well on both units.

Well, considering that this was posted in the iPhone forum, you should expect it to be announced this way. Also, there's really no reason to say that it's also for the iPod Touch... that's just common sense.

frozencarbonite
Jul 23, 2009, 07:34 AM
I'm gonna have to purchase this. I never played it when I was younger. I've always heard it is great. And I don't see them ever having a sale on this game. Actually the price may increase.

akuma13
Jul 23, 2009, 07:48 AM

It really boils down to the OPERATING system doesnt it?
Windows (PC/Xbox, which it is out on)
Apple OSX (Mac, not yet)
IPHONE OS (iphone/ipod touch, just out! )

There you have it!:apple:

martynmc7
Jul 23, 2009, 09:07 AM
I LOVE Monkey Island, next to Grim Fandango, Monkey Island 2 is my favourite game of all time!

I've been playing this special edition on the 360 and it really is an excellent and lovingly made port.

I just hope this is well received so LucasArts decide to give the same treatment to Monkey Island 2.

devildog820
Jul 23, 2009, 09:16 AM
Plays nicely. The two-finger swipe to switch to classic mode works well. In fact, classic mode is easier on the iPhone because you can tap exactly where you need to go, no targeting a mouse cursor.

SirOmega
Jul 23, 2009, 09:26 AM
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

Definitely going to buy this one tonight.

Daiden
Jul 23, 2009, 09:34 AM
I bought this last night, and put in some time playing it and I can safely say that if you enjoyed the game many years ago then you'll definitely enjoy this. Well worth the $8, and if you're interested in seeing re-releases of any other LucasArts adventure games then I strongly recommend buying this even if you aren't all that interested. The sales of this game will probably impact the chances of them releasing any of their other adventure titles.

speakerwizard
Jul 23, 2009, 10:09 AM

the ipod touch is a secondary product, it would not be if it wasnt for the iphone, it uses the iphone OS and its pretty obvious that a game made for iphone is gonna work on a touch without having to say iphone and ipod touch every time.

tadunne
Jul 23, 2009, 10:10 AM

It's 4.99 ukp over here in the England, 4.99 you can pay that for a fancy burger meal at Mac Donald's over here. It's nothing! it's well worth the price!!!!

byulasfjazz
Jul 23, 2009, 10:17 AM
GET SOMEONT WITHOUT FAT FINGERS>>>>. THIS PERSON HAS NEVER USED AN IPHONE BEFORE OR NEEDS TO LOSE WEIGHT!!

annoying

tadunne
Jul 23, 2009, 10:22 AM
GET SOMEONT WITHOUT FAT FINGERS>>>>. THIS PERSON HAS NEVER USED AN IPHONE BEFORE OR NEEDS TO LOSE WEIGHT!!

annoying

wat?

Porco
Jul 23, 2009, 11:32 AM
Oh you wonderful lovely people...

*off to buy*
:D

edit: lol @ 351MB, I think it was on 4 880k floppies on my Amiga...

Nicky G
Jul 23, 2009, 11:46 AM
Oh man!!! I loooved this game, good ol' Guybrush Threepwood! HAHAH!!!

This was from the golden age of PC games IMHO.

djdole
Jul 23, 2009, 12:15 PM

What I don't get is that it seems to be easy to port those games to the iPhone. At the same time nobody is caring about putting out a Mac version of the game - strange. :confused:

Hm, How strange!
This seems to entirely contradict :apple:'s constant commercial implications that their machines are all hip fun and games for the Ambercrombie drones
and that PCs are chubby, slow, unfun machines only for people in business suits.
Hmm go figure. :rolleyes:

Soup nazi sez:
"NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT!"

djdole
Jul 23, 2009, 12:20 PM
Definitely an instant buy.

NEED MORE MONKEY!
Need more SCUMM! :D

mrrish
Jul 23, 2009, 01:17 PM
Bought this game with 60 seconds of seeing this article. One of my most memorable childhood games, ever.

admanimal
Jul 23, 2009, 01:28 PM
I bought the PC version of this (the new special edition, not the original) yesterday via Steam running on VMWare Fusion and it is a little buggy. I haven't tried it in boot camp yet so it might just be the VM messing it up.

The iPhone version is great though!

Karvel
Jul 23, 2009, 01:41 PM
Now all we need is Full Throttle... :o

odog402
Jul 23, 2009, 02:33 PM
Awesome. I was just about to get this for my xbox last night, but I guess I'll hold off till September when the new ipods come out.

This will def. be my first app! Ohhh the memories.

"You hemoroids are flaring up again huh?"

neil1980
Jul 23, 2009, 03:00 PM
Oh you wonderful lovely people...

*off to buy*
:D

edit: lol @ 351MB, I think it was on 4 880k floppies on my Amiga...

Thats a point... think the first was 2 floppys and the second 4... so 315MB is rediculous

PhoneI
Jul 23, 2009, 03:20 PM
My goodness its really good. Fantastic game and well worth the money. I sat down for a minute to try and that turned into an hour. I definitely recommend.

spyker3292
Jul 23, 2009, 03:47 PM
My goodness its really good. Fantastic game and well worth the money. I sat down for a minute to try and that turned into an hour. I definitely recommend.

I have to agree. A great classic with redone graphics and good voice acting. I love how easy it is to switch to retro mode. Just swipe two fingers and it fades into the old graphics.

AtariMac
Jul 23, 2009, 04:16 PM
I loved this game on my old Atari ST way back when. I have it on my OS X box via Scummvm and enjoy to fire it up from time to time. The insult sword fighting is genius.

I will be buying the app tonight!

admanimal
Jul 23, 2009, 04:34 PM
Thats a point... think the first was 2 floppys and the second 4... so 315MB is rediculous

How is 315MB ridiculous? This new special edition contains the entire old game, plus the whole thing redone with high res artwork, music, and voice.

Keeval
Jul 23, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hehe.. I'm loving this.. it's bringing back lots of memories ;)

As for the large download, well all the graphics are upgraded and full voiceover gives the game a whole new dimension.

I'm really impressed... I'm just hoping that LucasArts will release some other games now... Loom anyone? *hint hint*

tadunne
Jul 23, 2009, 05:09 PM
How is 315MB ridiculous? This new special edition contains the entire old game, plus the whole thing redone with high res artwork, music, and voice.

the pc version is 2 gb!! So 315mb not too bad.

sharp65
Jul 23, 2009, 06:21 PM
Anyone know how much space you need to install this? Apparently 750mb is not enough.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 23, 2009, 06:55 PM
I am soooo afraid to see how much this is... maybe i should go check the debit card balance first! LOL!!

ETA: $7.99. Ouch. I can't do it right now.... not that it wouldn't be worth it, just can't do that right now. Maybe when i get my refund on Splash Shopper desktop....

Oh look, i held out for almost 13 hours!

The kids saw the video and begged me to buy it - it's all THEIR fault! LOL!! :p

WilliamG
Jul 23, 2009, 06:56 PM
Oh look, i held out for almost 13 hours!

The kids saw the video and begged me to buy it - it's all THEIR fault! LOL!! :p

LOL kids'll do that!

iTech Dev Sys.
Jul 23, 2009, 07:10 PM
I played all these games when I was a kid, I loved them!!! Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, The Dig, Full throttle, wow I really like all of them.
It will be nice to have a few new releases.

hushmartin
Jul 23, 2009, 07:42 PM
OMG!! I'm so excited. I put my order in for a 3GS on Monday and I am waiting for it to come in. I think this will be my first app download! I am such a huge M.I. fan, I have the song as a ringtone on my phone- I made it myself out of old midi files! I probably shouldn't be proud of that fact... lol

Jeff321
Jul 23, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hehe.. I'm loving this.. it's bringing back lots of memories ;)

As for the large download, well all the graphics are upgraded and full voiceover gives the game a whole new dimension.

I'm really impressed... I'm just hoping that LucasArts will release some other games now... Loom anyone? *hint hint*

Loom is on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/32340/) but I agree that would be a great iPhone port since the interface is so simple.

Writing down drafts on the go might be a challenge though, heh. An in-game note taking feature would work.

It's great to see Secret of Monkey Island on the iPhone but I think I'll buy the PC version instead. I already played Tales of Monkey Island.

tyr2
Jul 23, 2009, 11:26 PM
Loved Monkey Island II, Le Chuck's Revenge, but never played the first one so downloading this now to give it a go. I hope the control system works better than it looks in the video!

Would happily play through Monkey Island II, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max or, what would be wonderful, Grim Fandango again.

duncyboy
Jul 23, 2009, 11:53 PM
Woot! :D

One of my all time favourites!

'77 minutes remaining'

Balls :(

darkflounder
Jul 24, 2009, 12:17 AM
I'll probably get this, even though I never played any of the Monkey Island games.

But I hope that more purchases of this will lead to an iPhone port of the greatest LucasArts game ever...

Day Of The Tentacle!

PrinceDraven
Jul 24, 2009, 06:34 AM
Day Of The Tentacle!

OMG can't wait for Tentacle to come out, that ROCKED!:D

neil1980
Jul 24, 2009, 06:34 AM

Entire old game on amiga was like 2MB and that was played on a screen the size of a portable tv... not an ipod screen so I don't see it would be unfair to say it was rediculous after an increase of 15650% in size for a game played on a smaller screen.

Dont get me wrong love the game and played it start to finish several times when it originally came out :)

themoonisdown09
Jul 24, 2009, 06:59 AM
I bought this for my iPhone last night and played it for a while. This brings back so many memories! I love it!

DavidLeblond
Jul 24, 2009, 09:34 AM
Entire old game on amiga was like 2MB and that was played on a screen the size of a portable tv... not an ipod screen so I don't see it would be unfair to say it was rediculous after an increase of 15650% in size for a game played on a smaller screen.

As previously said, 2mb Amiga version had no speech.

err404
Jul 24, 2009, 09:44 AM
I played all these games when I was a kid, I loved them!!! Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, The Dig, Full throttle, wow I really like all of them.
It will be nice to have a few new releases.

I would like to see all the games you mentioned (and Loom) be redone for the iPhone, and would settle for the original graphics + voice acting. Unlike the update PC and 360 versions, on the small iPhone screen the updated graphics don't add as much as i had imagined they would. On the other hand, the updated audio/voice acting is very well done and it's easier on your eyes not having to read the small text on a bouncing bus/subway.

If you can't wait to see if these will ever have an official re-releases, you could look into SCUMMVM. It requires JailBreaking your phone, but you'd be able to play all of these games in their original form. It's not perfect. There are some bugs, but usually not show stoppers.

PS: I know JB has a negative reputation around here. For the record, I do not install apps otherwise available via the app store (I have specifically not enabled this capability). My position, is "make it available and I will buy it". Also these are all games I purchased growing up.

Gokunama
Jul 24, 2009, 10:42 AM
What kind of game is it? Is it quest-like like King's Quest?

How are the controls? That's the only complaint I've heard about this game so far, but everything else is glowing according to a few reviewers.

frozencarbonite
Jul 24, 2009, 10:42 AM

THIS

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 24, 2009, 11:23 AM
What kind of game is it? Is it quest-like like King's Quest?

How are the controls? That's the only complaint I've heard about this game so far, but everything else is glowing according to a few reviewers.

Yeah its like that, or any of the old point and click adventure games. Controls are pretty good for what they are but it would be nice to just click without having to move the cursor around. But after playing for just a couple minutes you don't even think about it.

What I cant find anywhere is does this port have speech?

PhoneI
Jul 24, 2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah its like that, or any of the old point and click adventure games. Controls are pretty good for what they are but it would be nice to just click without having to move the cursor around. But after playing for just a couple minutes you don't even think about it.

What I cant find anywhere is does this port have speech?

Yes, it has speech.

themoonisdown09
Jul 24, 2009, 11:27 AM
As previously said, 2mb Amiga version had no speech.

This version also has way more colors, better resolution, and higher quality sound (plus the speech like you mentioned).

TraceyS/FL
Jul 24, 2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, it has speech.

There is a movie at lucasarts.com too. That would be what my kids saw last night! There is a bunch of interviews in it too on the making of it.

Agurri
Jul 24, 2009, 11:58 AM
Day of the Tentacle... Now that's THE game I used to play on my 6400 back in 1995.... This game was just awesome. I mean ... everything was cool.

But I think you can have ScummVM running on a jailbroken device.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 24, 2009, 12:20 PM
Yes, it has speech.

On the iPhone? I don't get any speech, just subtitles. But I do have an option to turn subtitles off. But when I do there is still no speech.

err404
Jul 24, 2009, 01:02 PM
On the iPhone? I don't get any speech, just subtitles. But I do have an option to turn subtitles off. But when I do there is still no speech.

Did you switch it to "classic mode" by mistake? The classic view defaults to the experience of the game from it's original release, which did not have voice.
Try a 2 finger swipe on the screen. if you are already in the new view, can you hear music and sound fx?

ghcmonkey
Jul 24, 2009, 01:43 PM
Didn't get great reviews. (http://wireless.ign.com/objects/020/020082.html)

aperture01
Jul 24, 2009, 02:15 PM
Loom! they need to bring loom back! I love that game...

err404
Jul 24, 2009, 03:48 PM
Didn't get great reviews. (http://wireless.ign.com/objects/020/020082.html)

Reviews are very subjective. If the controls rub you the wrong way, you're not going to like the game. Personally I found the controls to be pretty good, but they could use a bit of tweaking for the cursor speed and the secondary click. keep in mind that this is not a fast paced game, so a slightly slower control scheme won't hurt you. If you're a fan of this type of game, it's a very authentic experience.

PhoneI
Jul 24, 2009, 07:35 PM
The controls take a little getting used to, but now I find them quite easy. I highly recommend this game.

PhoneI
Jul 25, 2009, 03:12 PM
Played it on a two hour flight today. I think this is the best game available in the app store. For those that have difficulty with the controls, you should read the instructions on the help screen first.

spyker3292
Jul 25, 2009, 04:20 PM
Reviews are very subjective. If the controls rub you the wrong way, you're not going to like the game. Personally I found the controls to be pretty good, but they could use a bit of tweaking for the cursor speed and the secondary click. keep in mind that this is not a fast paced game, so a slightly slower control scheme won't hurt you. If you're a fan of this type of game, it's a very authentic experience.
I gotta agree. The game is great. And I hate IGN reviews... their main complaints were that the controls were "hard" and some of the background elements (like water) didn't move.... It's like they weren't even reviewing the game, they were just reviewing graphics compared to the Xbox 360 version.

NewSc2
Jul 26, 2009, 05:12 AM
Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis.

*drool*

ddrueckhammer
Jul 27, 2009, 02:17 AM
I have the game and while I agree the should have made the game control where you touch to go somewhere instead of having a virtual mouse, you have to remember that this is an old game and it may have been too difficult to do that with the old SCUMM engine. IGN has some good reviewers but I totally disagree with their review and score here. There is no way that it is worse than the port of Myst from a couple of months ago. The updated graphics and voice acting look great to me. It is one of the better games on the AppStore. If you don't mind paying for games, I highly recommend Tiger Woods, Real Racing, and Peggle out of the ones I have.

Griffter
Jul 27, 2009, 10:24 AM
Oh yeah! I loved this game when I was younger, instant buy!

FX120
Jul 27, 2009, 11:42 AM
IMO I would have rather had the old 8-bit room and animation art. The new stuff looks stupid.

alent1234
Jul 27, 2009, 11:47 AM
hoping that Grim Fandango will arrive soon

devildog820
Jul 27, 2009, 01:05 PM
I have the game and while I agree the should have made the game control where you touch to go somewhere instead of having a virtual mouse, you have to remember that this is an old game and it may have been too difficult to do that with the old SCUMM engine. IGN has some good reviewers but I totally disagree with their review and score here. There is no way that it is worse than the port of Myst from a couple of months ago. The updated graphics and voice acting look great to me. It is one of the better games on the AppStore. If you don't mind paying for games, I highly recommend Tiger Woods, Real Racing, and Peggle out of the ones I have.

It couldn't have been too hard to make the cursor jump to where you touch. Other than that, great game.

tyr2
Jul 28, 2009, 12:27 AM
IMO I would have rather had the old 8-bit room and animation art. The new stuff looks stupid.

Handy that's an option then :)

A two finger swipe switches between new and classic modes.

JFreak
Jul 28, 2009, 12:47 AM
Zak McCracken and Maniac Mansion

+1 !!

jonnysods
Jul 28, 2009, 02:40 PM
I was pretty pumped about this release until I read some reviews, and the price! Evidently the controls aren't that great or very intuitive. I don't want to take that risk for $7.99!!

My first iPhone was a hack, which I installed an Emulator and the old Monkey Island PC game on the phone. The thing played amazingly!

Perhaps some of the harsh reviewers should get the old ROM off the net and hack the phone to get the experience they were looking for.

iguanarama
Jul 28, 2009, 07:56 PM

I'm not putting my lips on that.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 29, 2009, 05:04 PM
Did you switch it to "classic mode" by mistake? The classic view defaults to the experience of the game from it's original release, which did not have voice.
Try a 2 finger swipe on the screen. if you are already in the new view, can you hear music and sound fx?

I did figure it out, it was actually on silent which I guess causes the speech to be disabled and not the music or sound effects. Suprised noone else has complained about it. I must be the only one who likes to keep the phone on silent.

indifferently
Aug 1, 2009, 11:44 AM
I can't remember if it was Monkey Island 1 or 2 that I played when I was younger, but in either case, I hope this is the sign of things to come.

These were great games, that actually required thought, and yet were totally entertaining.

I'd love it if some new releases in this style came out. But I'll take what I can get.

Cool stuff, I recommend these games to anyone if you have never played them before.

53buick
Aug 3, 2009, 01:40 PM
hoping that Grim Fandango will arrive soon

yes!

xDANx
Aug 4, 2009, 12:17 AM

http://www.scummvm.org/

kernalzero
Aug 4, 2009, 10:09 AM
I'd rather drop the $9.99 on an OSX version. I want more of feel of the original game on a bigger screen. chances are i'll play it more and enjoy it more. I wish games were being released simultaneously on windows and OSX these days... oh well. I'm patiently awaiting the OSX release Lucas arts...

alent1234
Aug 4, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'd rather drop the $9.99 on an OSX version. I want more of feel of the original game on a bigger screen. chances are i'll play it more and enjoy it more. I wish games were being released simultaneously on windows and OSX these days... oh well. I'm patiently awaiting the OSX release Lucas arts...

iMac graphics hardware is underpowered for a lot of games. the 9400M gets spanked by most discrete graphics cards that are just as old

stujmac26
Aug 5, 2009, 07:18 AM
Wow this game has irritated me. No, not for the controls (which are quirky, being polite), nor for the slow progression of the action (quaint and a sign of the original's age), but for the STUPID save and menu system.

I only manually saved once near the beginning. Why would I need to, it autosaves when you leave the app.

Then when I was 2/3 of the way through the game, loaded it up and on the main menu I accidentally tapped on 'start new game' - far too easy to do, why would I want to start a new fricking game anyway!?!?!

This autosaved before I could do anything (2-3 seconds) and so my saved game was gone.

Cue deletion and consignment to history. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

themoonisdown09
Aug 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
I did figure it out, it was actually on silent which I guess causes the speech to be disabled and not the music or sound effects. Suprised noone else has complained about it. I must be the only one who likes to keep the phone on silent.

I noticed this too. I always have my iPhone on silent and I thought something was wrong with the game. I finally (after about 15 minutes) figured out that that was the reason. I took it off silent and BAM! it worked. :D

I think that this is something that should be fixed. None of my other apps work this way.

fishstacks
Aug 13, 2009, 04:38 PM
Just finished it. SEQUEL NOW!

Skip to the curse of monkey island, that one was the best.

ziggurat
Aug 14, 2009, 09:45 PM
Going to buy once i get my 3Gs , damn out of stock crap :mad:

Good old times playing with a great friend every day until late , monkey island series , king's quest , beneath a steel sky , Legend of kyrandia (awesome) , Lost Eden ,and some others .

Then later played Grim on my own , Black Dhalia (or something) , and some others , but to be honest .

Long go the days where i would dream about an adventure game and about a solution to a puzzle where we were stuck on , figured a way to go past a "we're stuck and out of ideas on what else to do" on Legend of Kyrandia .

Last one i bought was Vampire Story , pretty fun but seing the genre dead kindda kills the pleasure of playing the scarce good new adventure games , because you start thinking that when you complete it there is nothing else that is worth playing in that genre for a long time .

Ah well , not sure what else i should say , really sad that this genre is in more danger of extinction than pandas .

What makes it worse is that i really can't understand what made this genre die , was it the fact that teens can't be bothered with it ? (i loved the genre as a teen) , pleople can't be bothered sovling puzzles and rather build houses with virtual people or see some blood ?

Ah well , here's hoping that some good thing will happen and more fantastic adventure games appear in the iphone in the pc or anywhere , so that the adventure game lovers and youngsters can find the wonderful gameplay in them , specially if played alongside with friends .

Take care , sorry for the sluggish english