PDA

View Full Version : When I plug in my macbook for charging the green light doesnt come on? is it broken?

AdventurousJosh
Jul 23, 2009, 04:10 AM
Hey guys,
I unplugged my blackbook last night when it was fully charged so I could draib the battery. Then I moved my macbook upstairs to the router and plugged in the ethernet so I could publish my website. I then plugged in my charger so it wouldnt die with publishing but its suddenly stopped working. The outlets work with other electronic devices but not my blackbook charger. No green light or nothing. It worked just a hour or two ago. Can they just die like that?

Thanks

Josh

clyde2801
Jul 23, 2009, 05:09 AM
It can happen. If it's under applecare, it should be covered.

huggybearr17
Jul 23, 2009, 02:27 PM
I had this problem about a month ago. shortly after this ,y computer would no longer charge and had to plugged in to work. whether this is happening or not it is your battery not your charger.

AdventurousJosh
Jul 23, 2009, 11:51 PM
Well, I left my computer uploading to iWeb and the battery died. I re tried the charger the next day and everything is back to normal. Odd.

munkees
Jul 24, 2009, 12:32 AM
some times the light can be very faint green, very faint, just wiggle the connector, that some times is just a poor connection. Also in system profiler, under power yon can see if the the computer is getting power, or not, if you have a faint green light then you have power but will not charge.