Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xlc0212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Really thanks if anyone can solve my problem....

MB466 bought on january, running mac os 10.5.7, got a problem on LCD so i sent it to dse, where i bought it from, for repair. i have receive it today and the LCD was replaced and work perfectly.

But the problem is, i have found i cant connect to internet via wireless because the airport was set off and i cant turn it on. i have search on google for a way to do it and somebody said i just delete airport in network setting and add it again will turn it on. i tried, i delete it, and i cant add it back any more.....

i tried all the possible way except reinstall mac os and found no use because my macbook totally dont recognize the airport.

im getting really crazy on this.....Please someone help me....

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
So you say, you can turn Airport on via the Menu Bar icon or the System Preferences > Network, and it even picks up your wireless LAN, but it can't connect to it?
Selecting_tsunami_in_airport_menu_bar.png

macosx105-tswpa1.jpg

Or you can't even turn Airport on?

Have you tried resetting the router? If you do this, be sure to have all the information you need for setting it up again, like what number the router has to dial to connect to your ISP.

You can also reset all your Network preferences by trashing/deleting the following file:
Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist.
You can make a backup first by just dragging it to the Desktop, if it might go wrong.

Did any of that information help, and can you please specify your problem a little bit more?

xlc0212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
it not even recognise airport
form 'about this mac - more info - airport card' it shows 'no information found'
i tried to delete the preferences file and no use

i also did an apple hardware test and i believe it is a hardware problem that i may need to send to shop for repair

i have taken some picture and it is form iphone so it is quite hard to see

for apple hardware test, it did said no problem found, but i found form communication, there are only ethernet's mac address and bluetooth(IR receiver) and no airport

Attachments

• ?? 001.jpg
    ?? 001.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 58
  • ?? 002.jpg
    ?? 002.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 71

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Now I understand.

And yes, you should bring your MB back to the repair service, as they seem to have fracked something up.

It's also nice to see, that the Hardware Test still uses a pre-OS X UI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.