PDA

View Full Version : Tower, Best Buy and others: download venture fades to silenc...

MacBytes
Jun 12, 2004, 09:16 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Tower, Best Buy and others: download venture fades to silence. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040612101628)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nagromme
Jun 12, 2004, 01:51 PM
Looks like Apple vs. Napster, then, with Napster already unable to keep up.

Sony screwed up on many levels (awful software, 8TRAC format), and if they fix things it will be too little too late. Microsoft MIGHT be successful when they join the fray, but I'd say that's 50/50. At most they'll muscle their way into being one of several big players--but they won't be able to take Apple down. (They want to leverage WMP... and Apple's QT has surpassed Real and nearly caught up with WMP already.)

Trowaman
Jun 12, 2004, 05:48 PM
and Apple's QT has surpassed Real and nearly caught up with WMP already.)

I see someone else heard about this piece of news as well, what is it 38% WMP, 36% Quicktime, and 26% for Real?

Go Quicktime, show them who's the media standard!

iJed
Jun 12, 2004, 08:43 PM
Created in Macromedia's Flash

No wonder they killed this project. Another example of a company who just "doesn't get it".

pEZ
Jun 13, 2004, 09:31 AM
Created in Macromedia's Flash

No wonder they killed this project. Another example of a company who just "doesn't get it".

*cringe*

NEVER create something in Flash that will potentially have higher bandwidth needs...thanks iJed for pointing this out.

I think i've said something like this a long time ago on these boards, back when brick-and-mortar stores were complaining about the iTMS:

If they would lower the prices of CDs so that the highest price you see is $9.99 (which is still high, but a good start), then I'd consider buying more CDs. The only CDs I buy now are of bands I follow or stuff that isn't on the iTunes store (like Evanescence and Radiohead), or stuff that is actually priced that low.

*sigh*.....when exactly will people "get it?" :(

irmongoose
Jun 14, 2004, 10:00 AM
pEZ: It's the RIAA. What can you expect? You can't blame them for not "getting it". They're just your everyday white, money mongering, republican, stupid men.

irmongose

Rocket Rion
Jun 14, 2004, 01:55 PM
pEZ: It's the RIAA. What can you expect? You can't blame them for not "getting it". They're just your everyday white, money mongering, republican, stupid men.

irmongose

Yeah, thank you Michael Moore. :p

irmongoose
Jun 14, 2004, 08:54 PM
Hehe, I did sound like Moore, didn't I? Ahh, can't blame me... I'm just in the middle of reading Dude... Where's My Country?

irmongoose

themadchemist
Jun 16, 2004, 12:50 AM

irmongose

Yeah, thank you for being correct.