Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiquidHarmony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Strange, when the fans start running fast as it heats up in Windows, it feels like there's something loose inside the MacBook when I tilt it. But more noticeably, it 'coughs' out dust through the ventilation. Like, lots of dust. It happened to me twice in my 8 months of ownership. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was some sort of advanced mechanism to clean the insides of dust.

Can anyone tell me if there's anything to worry about? and why there seems to be something loose inside the computer only when it heats up?

Exile

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
I'm a newb here also but the dust coughing has to be some sort of problem. If I were you I'd have it checked out by someone who knows their way around computers.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I honestly don't see how a blast of compressed air could damage his "mackbook". :D I did the same to mine after replacing my ram recently; there did seem to be a fair bit of dust in it. Finally, I could see a genius looking at a macbook caked in dust inside and trying to say that the machine had been misused and denying coverage.

I also find it amusing about someone lamenting "the advice given here these days" when they have been a member for a whole six months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.