PDA

View Full Version : Quark or Illustrator for Business Cards

Dal123
Jul 24, 2009, 02:38 PM
I'm having problems with Quark, when I print the resolution on my vector artwork is poor. I'm also having grief laying it out, on the reverse side of the business card they scatter on the print out just a couple of mm off but obviously completely ruins the cards and they are useless.

I think that Quark is over-rated, it's suppose to be the top-notch layout software, but Illustrator has a better alignment tool. Maybe I'll go for it on Illustrator :confused:.

sigmadog
Jul 24, 2009, 08:28 PM
I can't speak to the advantages of Quark, since I don't use it. But I use Illustrator for business cards all the time, and it works fine. I also use Illustrator as my layout tool for advertisements, banners, and generally anything that doesn't require multiple pages.

It's no doubt a simplification to say this, but my philosophy is that InDesign and Quark are the tool of choice on projects:

that require multiple pages
that are text heavy

I know a lot of people use Quark and InDesign for simpler, one-page projects, and there's nothing wrong with that, but Illustrator is a fine tool for such things as well. It all comes down to personal preference.

no.1 Apple Fan
Jul 25, 2009, 07:31 AM
You should be able to make fine business cards in Illustrator. For what you pay for Quark, you should get your moneys worth.