PDA

View Full Version : Can you "lock" a playlist?

chuckyeager
Jul 24, 2009, 05:02 PM
I DJ at a lot of daycare centers where I use a very specific playlist. Is there a way to "lock" that list so that it can't be accidentally changed or deleted?

Consultant
Jul 24, 2009, 06:01 PM
Perhaps this?
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2207?viewlocale=en_US

chuckyeager
Jul 24, 2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks for trying. Possibly I missed it, but I didn't see it there. :)

gnasher729
Jul 24, 2009, 07:01 PM
I DJ at a lot of daycare centers where I use a very specific playlist. Is there a way to "lock" that list so that it can't be accidentally changed or deleted?

Can't find a way to lock a playlist. What you can do: Create a folder "Great Playlists". Put the playlists that you want to be safe into that folder. For each of these playlists create a new smart playlist with a single search item "Playlist = ....".

Your real playlist is now stashed away in a slightly hidden place, but you can play it using the smart playlist.

chuckyeager
Jul 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
Can't find a way to lock a playlist. What you can do: Create a folder "Great Playlists". Put the playlists that you want to be safe into that folder. For each of these playlists create a new smart playlist with a single search item "Playlist = ....".

Your real playlist is now stashed away in a slightly hidden place, but you can play it using the smart playlist.

Great idea! Thanks!