PDA

View Full Version : Steel-Effect in Illustrator

Dal123
Jul 25, 2009, 09:19 AM
I'm trying to apply a 'grain' effect in Illustrator to provide me with a 'steel finish' to my logo.
I am also trying to 'plastic wrap' effect to my text. I thought it may not work because it is text. But I cannot perform many of these cool effects to my work at the moment. Why is this?
I would understand if it was to the gradient but I've tried a new plain box with a 100% fill colour.:confused:
Also for the grain I tried selecting the 'chalk-scribble' brush in Illustrator, however despite changing the fill colour it only stays black. The only colour that changes is the background, which is a tiny bit. Even more confused!

Dal123
Jul 25, 2009, 09:33 AM
Just had a break-through, hold shift when clicking on the 'stroke' colour. This changes the brush colour. Still don't know about how to apply the 'effects'. Any input appreciated!

fluidedge
Jul 25, 2009, 10:37 AM
is your google broken?

"brushed metal effect illustrator" came up with 235 gazillion hits.

The 1st hit was pretty good.

Dal123
Jul 25, 2009, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes:I've already watched, like I said I'm coming into problems with the 'grain'. I'm using cs2 as opposed to cs3 which is the tutorial. CS2 does not have the texture option.
I have created my own 'grain' by applying chalk brush in a low opacity. I'm asking why the 'effects' options are not available?