Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justin0981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Firstly, When I tried opening I-tunes it didn't work due to the AVG trojan virus(read it was nothing really serious).

Anyways, So I decided to uninstall it and install it again.
When I install it i get this error

Service 'iPod Service' (iPod Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

itunesproblem.png

Thank you for reading:)
I really need itunes to put songs videos etc on my Ipod
please help :):)

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Privileges usually hinges on whether or not you have administrator rights to the computer. However, being that you uninstalled it once previously you may simply have some lingering files that are preventing the install the second time around. Remove iTunes and QuickTime and its bundled components and services as directed by this article. Then try installing it again.

rkkhasnis

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
What to do if the problem exists even after all the uninstallation process? Having same problem when installing itunes10.

Didi all the uninstall steps and reinstalled itunes10 again but keep getting the same error.

Hogtastic

macrumors newbie
sevice ipod service (ipod services) failed to start verify that you have sufficient p

i keep getting the same message
sevice ipod service (ipod services) failed to start verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and all apple applications plus bonjour several times but with no joy.
Don't even know what it means.
Any more suggestions please.

jhscann

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
i keep getting the same message
sevice ipod service (ipod services) failed to start verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and all apple applications plus bonjour several times but with no joy.
Don't even know what it means.
Any more suggestions please.

Yes I had this as well, though I think I've cracked it. I posted the solution to my wordpress blog:

http://jhscann.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/itunes-is-a-pain-to-upgrade/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.