Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CosmicSerpent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
I got a black 32GB iPhone 3GS a few days ago, and I'm looking for something better than the cheap silicone gel case I bought from the AT&T store. I also got some case-mate screen protectors that I'm not impressed with either (always has air bubbles).

Are there any cases/screen protectors that cover the home button, receiver, and side buttons, and are still fully functional? Covering part of the bottom is also a concern.

Obviously my main priority is to keep my iPhone in pristine condition. I'm a cook at a restaurant that serves a lot of fried food and I like to plug my iPhone into the stereo to listen to music at work.... the problem is that I always have grease or something on my hands and don't have time to constantly wash them off. I'm afraid of grease getting into the buttons. I'd like to be able to use my iPhone, but not have to worry about keeping it clean all the time.

I don't want something clunky, or completely waterproof, but water-resistant would be nice.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
I got a black 32GB iPhone 3GS a few days ago, and I'm looking for something better than the cheap silicone gel case I bought from the AT&T store. I also got some case-mate screen protectors that I'm not impressed with either (always has air bubbles).

Are there any cases/screen protectors that cover the home button, receiver, and side buttons, and are still fully functional? Covering part of the bottom is also a concern.

Obviously my main priority is to keep my iPhone in pristine condition. I'm a cook at a restaurant that serves a lot of fried food and I like to plug my iPhone into the stereo to listen to music at work.... the problem is that I always have grease or something on my hands and don't have time to constantly wash them off. I'm afraid of grease getting into the buttons. I'd like to be able to use my iPhone, but not have to worry about keeping it clean all the time.

I don't want something clunky, or completely waterproof, but water-resistant would be nice.

A little bulky, but def will help prevent gunking up your iPhone. Check out the Otterbox Defender.

http://www.otterbox.com

CosmicSerpent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
The Otterbox Defender definitely has everything I'm looking for... although I have to admit the bulkiness is a bit of a turn off. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will keep it in mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.