Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcs732

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I have the sennheiser mm50 ip for iphone. The sound is similar to CX300 but has mic for iphone. These are great headphones. Bass is great. If you like the CX300, then you'd like this one too.

I have on order now the Jaybird Tiger Eyes. Can't really comment on this yet but the reviews of this earphones are great. This has a mic also but is sweat resistant which i like so i can use this at the gym. Accordingly, the bass is also great so i'm looking forward to this. Also, an added feature is that this has volume control.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I spent a good few hours reading through all of the threads this morning, but couldn't find the information that I was looking for. I would have gladly added this question on to another relevant thread if I could have found one.

Guys, you both need to chill out and grow up.

grown ups dont ask the same questions over and over

also, grown ups dont need help finding headphones ;)

regardless, i use these http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-7M...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248629337&sr=8-1

for $55 shipped, they sound much better than the vmoda, senns, and shure headphones i've used.

they also have the in-line mic, which works great with Voice Control

nineohtoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
There are no best headphones, just the best for your budget and for what your ears like, and the music you're listening to. I don't suggest taking someone's suggestions for something that is based on "fit."

I recommend going out to stores and trying out different styles of headphones, then different models. Figure out what kind of design you want(I personally will only use IEMs now because I don't want to mess up my hair and I don't want to hear the outside world when I'm listening), then find out what sound signature(s) you prefer. Most people here are just gonna post what headphones they have, and some might not even talk about what makes they like about their headphones. Even if you go somewhere like headfi for tips, it does you no good if you don't already have an idea of how other brand headphones sound.

Now if you want my opinion on particular headphones...

I use Hear Yourself C2s with some UE cables, and I mostly listen to indie rock, electro pop, and alternative rock. The highs aren't as sparkly as I'd like. They're there, but not as upfront as something from Etymotics. Though they do make up for it with a smooth midrange. The vocals are silky. There's enough bass to sound full(I'd say it doesn't go that deep though) and not anemic, yet not bloated(like the Beats). Instrument separation is distinct, but the sound stage is non existent. Though these clearly aren't really analytical and picky with the source quality, you can tell when you're listening to a poorly mastered record. Its a little frustrating when you like the song, but the sound is stabbing at your ears. For the price, I think it's one of the best deals out there. In the same price range I'd give Livewires a look. Most people associate those with being the Grados of IEMs. I love the sound, but dislike their limited color selection.

Most people who've heard these, and the C3s(the triple driver model), say they're very much like Shure's 5 series headphones, and there are some who say if money is an issue, the C3s give higher end UE1s a run for their money. The owner of Hear Yourself usually recommends the C2s/dual drivers to most people, even to people interested in his C3s/triple drivers. Their single drivers are a joke and should be ignored imo. I also don't recommend their monitors w/o removable cables, because if something goes wrong it becomes a hassle to get the units serviced. On top of that, for being a very small company the customer service from the owner Andre is top notch. He might not be the fastest in getting back to e-mails because he's busy, but he does go out of his way to resolve any issues you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.