Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j763

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
Don't you just hate it when you go to a site and they've got some really cool content that you really want to view, but it uses either the RealNetworks formats or the Microsoft formats? It really pi$$e$ me off, because as an OS X user, I can't watch Real Media (without launching realplayer under classic) and, in most cases, can't watch the Microsoft media either because stupid Microsoft haven't made a widely-used codec available for Mac yet...

Well, it's time we did something about it... Let's tell these sites how we feel, let's let them know that they should provide QT media -- the only player which is truly cross-platform.

So, how do you get your message across to lots of sites, without all the manual effort of sending off emails? Well, we've worked that one out -- an easy to complete form on the new ambitiouslemon.com.

But for the moment, we need you guys to help us find web site addresses of evil non-qt sites. Post the web addresses of sites here (plz, no adult content) and we'll add them to our database so when our site launches, letting hundreds of sites know how you feel is only a click away!

Thanks guys,

We'll let you know when the site launches!

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I now how you fell, real player don't work in OSX and WMP just simply sucks, quicktime is free why don't they support that

j763

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
exactly my thoughts, mac15. that's why I want to build up a big database of sites who have only got Real and/or WMP so ppl can easily email them... Plz send in those addresses :)

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
well expn.com uses real only

which sucks, bt lately they have been testing some WMA clips and the odd QT clip
but its not enough

Quicktime is the best out of all of them

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
cnet

i'm not sure if they use qt at all but i do know that they've provided apple coverage online in video form.. but what's the use of posting it if it's in real??

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
yeah ever since realone come out, cnet have dumped QT badly

ZDNET also

j763

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
CNet owns ZDNet, FYI mac15.

I got an email from a person lurking around the forums and as per request, i've added the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the British Broadcasting Coporation to the DB. In the future, plz post here instead :)

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
well that all I can think off, about the ZDnet thing I remembered about 2mins after I put it up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.