PDA

View Full Version : Another Dumb Newbie CD burning Query

Mr. Monsieur
Jun 13, 2004, 01:19 PM
OK...so I'm still a sooooper newbie...I'm trying to burn an MP3 CD for my sister and I don't really want to import all her songs into my library (we have different tastes in music!), just to delete them all afterwards...is there any way around this, or do I have to import them into the library and then put them into a playlist? THANKS for any input!

musicpyrite
Jun 13, 2004, 01:36 PM
OK...so I'm still a sooooper newbie...I'm trying to burn an MP3 CD for my sister and I don't really want to import all her songs into my library (we have different tastes in music!), just to delete them all afterwards...is there any way around this, or do I have to import them into the library and then put them into a playlist? THANKS for any input!

Unfortunatly, if you only have one CD drive, you must import them all before you burn them again. There's no way (that I know of) around this.

And if you burning a MP3 CD, make sure in iTunes that you specify that you want an MP3 CD. iTunes>Prefrences>Burning>Check the button marked MP3 CD.

dragula53
Jun 13, 2004, 02:06 PM
use finder to burn it

under cd and dvd options change it to open finder (if it isn't already)
then drag all the crap to the cd..

then drag cd to the trash, and burn it.

moo

IJ Reilly
Jun 13, 2004, 05:45 PM
Simpler yet, use Disk Utility to make a disk image of the CD, and burn the disk image.

abhishekit
Jun 13, 2004, 06:58 PM
use finder to burn it

under cd and dvd options change it to open finder (if it isn't already)
then drag all the crap to the cd..

then drag cd to the trash, and burn it.

moo
yah, but he wants to convert the songs to mp3. So just burning with finder won't help much I guess. So importing to iTunes may be the only option.

cheers

oldschool
Jun 14, 2004, 05:27 PM
yah, but he wants to convert the songs to mp3. So just burning with finder won't help much I guess. So importing to iTunes may be the only option.

cheers

couldn't he create a new user account on his computer?

Mr. Monsieur
Jun 14, 2004, 06:31 PM
couldn't he create a new user account on his computer?

*THANKS* oldschool! Where were you yesterday when I needed you? You're right...that would have been the easiest solution...oh well...now I'm going to go weed through my itunes library...it's all right, though, there are only a hundred or so songs...