PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Itunes

efp722
Jul 26, 2009, 09:39 PM
I want to be able to to wireless play my iTunes library over to a set of speakers and use my iPod Touch to control it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I have the macbook and the ipod. All i need is the right set of speakers.

Shake 'n' Bake
Jul 26, 2009, 09:43 PM
AirPort Express does that. Look at the AirPort Express page.

TwinCities Dan
Jul 26, 2009, 09:49 PM
AirPort Express does that. Look at the AirPort Express page.

Yup, that's (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB321LL/A/AirPort-Express-AirTunes?fnode=MTY1NDA0Mg&mco=MjE0NDc0OQ) exactly what you want. :)

Edit: The :apple:TV will also accomplish this but it is, of course, more expensive.

efp722
Jul 26, 2009, 09:52 PM
okay. I was looking into that. But is that all it does? I was under the impression it was a router. I already have one that works fine? Can someone explain how it works?

Thanks

Shake 'n' Bake
Jul 26, 2009, 09:54 PM
okay. I was looking into that. But is that all it does? I was under the impression it was a router. I already have one that works fine? Can someone explain how it works?

Thanks

There's a headphone jack on it. Plug a stereo cable in there and the other end to the speakers.

TwinCities Dan
Jul 26, 2009, 09:54 PM

Thanks

It is also a router. :)

efp722
Jul 26, 2009, 09:57 PM
So is this my only option haha?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. You are really helping me!

celticpride678
Jul 26, 2009, 09:57 PM

Thanks

It is also a Wireless Router. So, you are correct. But it also has a feature called "Air Tunes" that allows Wireless Music Playback.
Please search Google or follow the instruction manual that should have come with your Airport Express Base Station for information on how to setup Air Tunes on a Mac or PC.

efp722
Jul 26, 2009, 10:02 PM
It is also a Wireless Router. So, you are correct. But it also has a feature called "Air Tunes" that allows Wireless Music Playback.
Please search Google or follow the instruction manual that should have come with your Airport Express Base Station for information on how to setup Air Tunes on a Mac or PC.

I don't have one. I was just looking for more information about what it does and if it is my only option of having wireless play.

Benchmob31
Jul 27, 2009, 12:53 AM
I don't have one. I was just looking for more information about what it does and if it is my only option of having wireless play.

Airport Express is a Wireless router/Wireless Printer Server/Wireless music server. Essentially You have the wireless router which can you can either use to create a separate wireless network or you can use it with the airport extreme as a range booster. Secondly it has a USB plug in it to plug in your printer and only your printer (Airport Extremes USB can be used for external drives) and then last you have you headphone jack with via airtunes will allow you to play your music wireless. Of course you need a stereo system for your music to input into.

Other then plugging your speaker straight into your macbook, airport express is your only option to control music through your iPod.

I have the Apple Remote app on my iPhone which is connected to my wireless network which controls my iTunes library on my Mac mini upstairs which is also on the wireless network which controls my music going through my receiver downstairs through the airport express via airtunes.

They are only $100 and it works great. You will definitely enjoy!:apple: