Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CisternaChyli

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
K guys i have a decision to make. I have $500 in store credit from costco and i was thinking of picking up 2 iPod touches, one for me and the other one for my sister. But now with word of the 3 gen releasing soon, im not so sure. Problem is the store credit expires by aug 31st. Is there any chance the new touches will be released by then or is a strict september thing? I guess another option is buying them now (techincally its free cause of the credit :D) and then selling it later on. Help??? :confused:

CisternaChyli

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
new iPods come out in september. that's the way it usually is. This is to get iPods out for the christmas shopping season.

oh ok. I figured i wud just get the 2G since its on store credit and use it for a while then trade up to a 3G if need be/if it offers anything really pressing over the current one.

Macfisto

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
Or what you could do, depending on Costo's return policy (specially on "credits" case like this) is buy as late as you can (Aug 31st) and return on September 28th (I think they have a 30 day return policy, but don't quote me on it). Perhaps on September 28th the 3rd gen will be out...or you could get another credit that you could use within weeks when the 3rg gen really is out.

Anyway, maybe worth a try asking if it could work!

eliteneo

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
yes i would definitely talk to the apple people, they have the best customer service around, see if you can't extend the date, or if u could buy them, not open them and then return them, that would probably work

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
or if u could buy them, not open them and then return them, that would probably work

That's what I would do if I couldn't get the credit to be extended.

I'm sure that you could return them for store credit if the new iPods aren't out yet..... and maybe your fresh store credit won't expire.

Why is your store credit expiring anyway?

CisternaChyli

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
That's what I would do if I couldn't get the credit to be extended.

I'm sure that you could return them for store credit if the new iPods aren't out yet..... and maybe your fresh store credit won't expire.

Why is your store credit expiring anyway?

actually its not really mine..its my dad's on his AMEX credit card that he has through costco. I dunno why its expiring. Im going back overseas in about a week or so, so i dunno if i could just hold on to it unopened and then return it. I thought i would just use it and maybe sell it later and then get the 3G if i really need to.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
I remember when the 4G with colour screen was released. One of my friends had just purchased the black and white one a week or two before. I told her to go into the nearest Apple store to see if they would let her swap for the new colour screen. She reluctantly went in, and they were happy to give her the new colour one with no hassle. It might be worth a try if you run out of luck dealing with Costco.

CisternaChyli

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
i decided to go ahead and get the 2G touch on tuesday. Lovin it so far :):apple:. I think i'll just stick with it and upgrade later if need be :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.