Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Runyon7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Hi, almost every time i leave a game on diablo 2 Lod i get kicked off battle.net i have no clue what the problem is i have emailed blizzard and everything they couldnt fix it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2009
United States
I just tried after reading your post and I am not having any issues. I am on US East and when I quit a game I go back to the lobby. Not sure what the issue is unless it is realm related.

BertyBoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
US east here,

Kicked back to login perhaps 1 in 7 games, but I can go a run of 30 without incident, or have 4 in a row where it does happen.

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
That happens when Diablo times out from the chat server (games are on a different server and unaffected until you leave). Your friends will also see you 'log off' while you are still playing, and bnet commands such as /time, /w, /f msg etc will no longer work.

I'm unsure of the cause of this, however I believe it may be related to chat 'inactivity'. To try and avoid this, every 5 minutes or so, type in a bnet command such as "/time" or "/users" (or whisper friends) to help try and prolong the connection.

This also can happen on PCs and is not a Mac specific problem. Firewalls are generally the first to be blamed, however I don't believe this is an issue in your case. There are no diadvantages of this occuring apart from the fact you will not be able to whisper friends and they will not be able to see you are online until you rejoin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.