PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Wireless Shenanigans

jringeno
Jul 28, 2009, 04:15 AM
I recently got a white macbook while i am deployed in iraq, and our wireless signal here kinda blows, but at least it works. The only issue i have, seems to be that when i am connected to an access point, my macbook will randomly loose signal, and i end up having to go into the airport preferences, change from DHCP to BOOTp, and it will refresh, then come back on. If it looses signal again, i just change it back to DHCP, and then it works again.

Does anyone know of a fix that will keep me from having to constantly change this setting, its quite annoying. thanks.

guneves
Jul 28, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hi there,

it is hard to identify your problem just from the "symptoms" you gave us, but I will try my best to help you.

First, did you do all the updates available for your mac? Click on the Apple logo (up/left) and then on software update. There may be some update to your airport or the system itself.

Second, did you try just turning the Airport off/on to see if it solves the problem? (instead of changing the config).

Your problem may also be related to your network (not your box), but that is even harder to identify (anyone else has similar problems?).

Hope this helps you anyway,

any other info is appreciated (as OS version or any other symptoms).
See ya,