PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Macbook optical drive, now cds are hard to insert.

Motocross250R
Jul 28, 2009, 01:39 PM
I replaced Macbook optical drive with one from another macbook, (not new) and now, the discs are really hard to put in, they don't scrape, just real firm, Well, iFixit said to transfer the black L shaped tape on the underside of the drive, well my old one didn't have it, and the new one did. So I left it on, do you think the black tape raised the drive up blocking part of it? Do you think removing the tape would have lowered it and made it work? After all this work I don't really want to go in and remove the tape, idk. Thanks

Motocross250R
Jul 28, 2009, 06:51 PM
Update: Now, it's scratching the hell out of any disk that goes in. One long straight line, end to end. So it's something before the drive, or right at the start of it, ahhh

Silvia96
Jul 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
Just replaced mine with a Superdrive out of a MBP, no problems whatsoever. Reassembly requires patience and a delicate touch. I suggest you take it apart again and get to the root of the problem. The cause may be the drive itself. Can you confirm that it was in perfect working order before you installed it?

upinflames900
Jul 28, 2009, 10:56 PM
Slot load drives have a tendency to require a delicate touch and can be very picky and eat disks...I've had it happen not fun...