Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
The light on my magsafe adapter for my MBA shuts off after some time. OS X status still says charging (or charged depending on the situation), however the green light on the adapter shuts off. I need to unplug and plug it back into the laptop to get the green light to come on again, then after a few minutes it turns off.

Is this normal Air behavior?

dk152

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
The same thing happened with my Macbook Pro Magsafe adapter. I took it to the Apple Store, and it was replaced free of charge. FYI, my MBP was covered under AppleCare warranty.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Hm, I will try the hardware tests. My Air is still under warranty, and this would be the 3rd issue with it in the 2 months I have had it (horribly ghosty screen out of the box, then bluetooth went out). It's just a little annoying since I sometimes can't tell if its charging or not without some kind of interaction.

Oh well.

I appreciate the responses also!

Banbeerd

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
I don't think a replacement will help. I've owned four MBPs that all have this problem, and used six adapters with them. The light has just always been a piece of junk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.