Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hornswaggles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
ok guys this is probably a question that can be answered in ten seconds but i'm too aloof to realize it. but here goes. i've got a wireless router upstairs and it's getting signal to my aiport card in my g4 without a problem. i've got a winXPpro tower down here with it and i want to plug an ethernet cable into both of the ethernet jacks and have a small network just between the two computers to share files and the internet. I've done this and i can get the two to share files without a problem, but i can't for the life of me get them to share the internet. i've tried a million online tutorial things but none of them have worked, i just want to be able to hook up the two to share the internet, so if anyone has any idea as how to do this, which im' sure you do, just please break it down and make it sound like you're explaining it to a four year old, i confuse easily. thanks for your help

ryan

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
sorry if this was the first thing u tried, but here it is
system pref-sharing-internet, then turn internet sharing on, from computer using 'airport' to computer using ethernet..
r u having problems after this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.