PDA

View Full Version : Central {Mac} page?

Durandal7
Jul 12, 2002, 05:06 PM
Just wondering that since there is 4 {Mac} clans if there should be a central site. All the sites are affiliated and I'm going to add links to the others on the SC page today.

job
Jul 12, 2002, 05:42 PM
I would suggest that we change the Macrumor's clan sig to something else. The other {mAc} clan did not really like us using "their" sig.

But if you do want to link, the {Mac} Tactical-Ops site is :

http://www.macclanweb.de.vu

A central page sounds good, however I think we should resolve the sig issue.

hitman

Durandal7
Jul 12, 2002, 06:55 PM
I say we use what someone else suggested: {MR} as the signature. It would be easy enough to make the change.

Draft
Jul 13, 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by asurace
I say we use what someone else suggested: {MR} as the signature. It would be easy enough to make the change.

I liked our original sig for TO, but the more the issue comes up, the more I like {MR} instead. {MR} is more related to this site anyway then just {Mac}. Even something like {MacR}, just to show that it isn't just {Mac}. Your thoughts?

Draft

Durandal7
Jul 13, 2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Draft

I liked our original sig for TO, but the more the issue comes up, the more I like {MR} instead. {MR} is more related to this site anyway then just {Mac}. Even something like {MacR}, just to show that it isn't just {Mac}. Your thoughts?

Draft

I always figured that the shorter the better when it came to clan names. {MR} seems like a good signature since we all know what it means. I've already updated the SC site to use {MR}. The only problem is that B.Net does not support { or } so I've been using [MR] in the usernames.

Draft
Jul 13, 2002, 03:48 PM
What are your thoughts on using the {MR} sig hitman?

Draft

job
Jul 13, 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Draft
What are your thoughts on using the {MR} sig hitman?

Draft

I don't really mind it at all. It would not take me very much to change the HTML for the TO site, and at least it would avoid future "issues" with clan mAc in case they decide to branch out into TO. :rolleyes: :D

Draft
Jul 14, 2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by hitman

I don't really mind it at all. It would not take me very much to change the HTML for the TO site, and at least it would avoid future "issues" with clan mAc in case they decide to branch out into TO. :rolleyes: :D

Sounds good, lets do it. {MR} it is.

Draft

job
Jul 14, 2002, 11:08 AM
I'll change the sig on the site today or tomorrow. Hopefully I can find some time to use Illustrator to make some gifs for the menus etc.

hitman

mmmdreg
Jul 27, 2002, 08:48 AM
Another thing to do with a central {MR} page is Arn could include it in the "participate" section of the main MR page (under seti and f@h)...

Durandal7
Jul 27, 2002, 01:53 PM
That's a good thought mmmdreg. Maybe someone should get around to making one. It wouldn't have to be much, maybe just an image map with links to all the other clans and a brief description of them.

job
Jul 27, 2002, 02:52 PM
We already have images for several of the clans (Starcraft and Tactical-Ops) so making a link page with the images could be a possibility.

Durandal7
Jul 27, 2002, 05:28 PM
Do the Warcraft 3 and RtCW clans have sites up yet?

chibianh
Jul 27, 2002, 06:16 PM
besides me, i don't know who else on here plays rtcw often.. Well, I haven't played it much either since getting warcraft III.. heh

btw, I FINALLY saw someone else in channel macrumors on battle.net. Hey Brian887, I know you're out there!

jadam
Jul 27, 2002, 06:39 PM
how about an Alien Vs Predator Clan?? that game is soooo awesome, we can all be predators and kill everyone :p

Durandal7
Jul 27, 2002, 08:47 PM
jadam, if you want to make a clan for that then you have our support.

job
Jul 27, 2002, 10:10 PM
Do the Warcraft 3 and RtCW clans have sites up yet?

I don't think so.

I know the RtCW clan was the other "Clan {mAc}," so I think all we have to worry about is WC3.

job
Jul 27, 2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
besides me, i don't know who else on here plays rtcw often.. Well, I haven't played it much either since getting warcraft III.. heh

btw, I FINALLY saw someone else in channel macrumors on battle.net. Hey Brian887, I know you're out there!

I finally broke down and spent the 50 dollars for RtCW and have been playing that and Tactical-Ops online.

Tell me what servers you frequent. I usually go under the alias of {MR}hitman or red_fox.

Durandal7
Jul 28, 2002, 12:10 AM
hitman, do you have Starcraft? We could use some more members at the SC clan.

job
Jul 28, 2002, 12:30 AM
hitman, do you have Starcraft? We could use some more members at the SC clan.

Yeah I have SC and Broodwar.

I've only played a little Bnet, but I'm up for somemore. :)

Durandal7
Aug 2, 2002, 12:26 AM
That's it, I'm making the central page right now. I already PMed arn about the possibility of linking to it on the main page under participate.
hitman, do you have a banner that you want to use fot the TO clan. (Please keep it less then 50k, I have limited bandwidth)
Do we have websites for the Warcraft 3 and RtCW clans yet?

-edit hitman, never mind about the banner, I'm going to use the game logos

Durandal7
Aug 2, 2002, 01:19 AM
OK, I have a beta version up at http://home.earthlink.net/~asurace/clan.html . All this site is going to be is a link page that says what games we support.

job
Aug 2, 2002, 01:32 AM
Looks very nice.

I like it. :)

Small, simple, and sweet. The way sites should be.

Durandal7
Aug 2, 2002, 01:42 AM
Looks very nice.

I like it. :)

Small, simple, and sweet. The way sites should be.
I would make it more complex but if arn decides to post a link to it on the main page it will get hit hard and my ISP won't like that.

Durandal7
Aug 2, 2002, 02:00 AM
There, now it has a nice little German domain at http://www.clanmr.de.vu

job
Aug 2, 2002, 02:18 AM

Yeah, I still can't figure out what the heck ".vu" stands for....

At least it works. :)

spuncan
Aug 2, 2002, 12:10 PM
Yeah Macmaniac should be the one saying this but I beleive W3 would have no problem w/ {MR}. Cept not one person has a sig in front of theyre name so no matter. Hmm one of or as a team we should get off r asses and build a site alass that is unlikely unless were forced to :D . I personally beleive all {MR}W3 members should convene in our irc room for a meeting but that is wishful at best due to the fact that only a few members have reported here yet.
- spuncan

Durandal7
Aug 2, 2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by spuncan
Yeah Macmaniac should be the one saying this but I beleive W3 would have no problem w/ {MR}. Cept not one person has a sig in front of theyre name so no matter. Hmm one of or as a team we should get off r asses and build a site alass that is unlikely unless were forced to :D . I personally beleive all {MR}W3 members should convene in our irc room for a meeting but that is wishful at best due to the fact that only a few members have reported here yet.
- spuncan
The MR WC3 clan would do great if they got a website. Organization has been the key to the SC clan's relative success so far. The WC3 clan should have at least as many or even more members then the SC clan at this point.

arn got back to me, it's a go.

job
Aug 2, 2002, 12:29 PM

arn got back to me, it's a go.

Nice one. :)

Durandal7
Aug 2, 2002, 04:34 PM

Nice one. :)
I expect a large spike in membership after it is posted on the main site.

Draft
Aug 4, 2002, 01:14 PM

Excellent! Thanks asurance.

Draft