Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Velox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
I added a new UITextView to my app by dragging it onto my current view which was a scrollView thinking I was adding a text field. I realized that this is not what I wanted to do so I went back through Interface builder and deleted the UITextView. The program still compiles cleanly but when I go to run it in the simulator it crashes. Im still rather new at this so I am not sure where to start looking, but I am guessing that there is something left over that is pointing to the deleted view and thus causing the crash.
Where should I start looking so I can remove any bad references to the deleted view?

Thanks

Added : I checked the debugger and saw the message : NSInternalInconsistencyException , reason: '[UIViewController _loadViewFromNibNamed:bundle:] loaded the "scrollTestViewController" nib but the view outlet was not set."

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Hi Velox,

What did you do with the outlet that was assigned to the scrollview you deleted? Is it linked up to a new textview?

Velox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Hi Velox,

What did you do with the outlet that was assigned to the scrollview you deleted? Is it linked up to a new textview?

I just went back and checked to see what became of the outlet that was assigned to the ScrollView and there was nothing there. So, I reassigned it and that seems to have solved the problem. I guess in the process of adding the second view the first view (scrollView) got disconnected from its outlet.
Thanks for the help.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Velox,

Sounds like I was on the right track.

Try to avoid adding stuff to the initial post. Always post a new entry so people can follow in an ordered manner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.