Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I went on to the Incipio website this AM and see that they are coming out with a new case for the Iphone 3G/3GS called the Honu. Looks pretty unique and kinda a cool idea. They don't have many pictures up yet though so I am not really sure how the case goes together and all, but I like it. It kinda reminds me of the Switcheasy Rebel.

Check it out guys/gals.

Attachments

• iph_422.jpg
    iph_422.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,139

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
Oooh. This. That would be awesome. The tight fit of the feather with the window of a reveal. Could be great!

Yep, with a matte "spine" for grip and less clear surface to scratch (both of which made me return the Reveal). I would like to see the front - if it raises above the lip, then it could be a "go" for me.

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
I"m figuring out that owning an iPhone is like owning a Jeep Wrangler!:eek:

you just end up buying everything for it!! I bought 2 cases already (otterbox defender and CaseCrown Crystal) and my GS is still in a fedex truck on the way to my door!! :D

another cool case...

Oh GOD, soooo true! I can't believe how much of a hobby this is! I bought my 3GS on 6/27 and I am already on my 3rd case - and I am still looking at 3 others!

3gbuff

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2009
Yep, with a matte "spine" for grip and less clear surface to scratch (both of which made me return the Reveal). I would like to see the front - if it raises above the lip, then it could be a "go" for me.

My Reveal looks horrible now. I took really good care of it making sure not to lay it down on the window side and always keeping it clean. Nothing doing. After 2 weeks, it looks all scratched up and ugly. I dont see how this Honu case will be any different.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
My Reveal looks horrible now. I took really good care of it making sure not to lay it down on the window side and always keeping it clean. Nothing doing. After 2 weeks, it looks all scratched up and ugly. I dont see how this Honu case will be any different.

From the website, it looks like it will come with a white and clear silicone shell insert. So I am assuming that if it is silicone, it will not scratch, which is good. I don't know if the outer part is silicone too though. I would kind of hope not, because then you have to worry about the whole lint catcher thing. But we shall see.

silent1643

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2010
i went ahead and purchased (white/grey) this case and here are my impressions so far

pros:
the silicon outer skin is much like switcheasy colors - smooth like silky texture doesn't feel cheap
case looks great on the phone
they give you 2 inner shells - white and a frost to use
volume and top buttons actually feel like your pressing a button

cons:
not exactly pocket friendly - tends to be a little hard to get out quickly
only one screen protector and no port covers
silent mode switch is really hard to get to when in silent mode

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.