Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I got the Sopranos Season 6 on blu-ray and wanted to rip the discs so I could play them on my ATV. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, heh. I fire up MakeMKV and it detects the drive, movie, and titles. I can save each title to a MKV that is 9GB in size. I then load that into tsmuxer and get an error saying it cannot load one of the tracks.

Well crap, the track it can't load is the english audio track. I can get english directors commentary on the tracks that have it, or spanish audio, but it won't ever load up the english audio (which I obviously need). Is this a known problem when trying to do this conversion with certain shows/movies? I was going to post in CaveMan's thread but didn't want to clutter the place up.

Any advice is appreciated. I did this on my Mac Mini (and Macbook Pro) using an external blu-ray slim drive.

And when trying to play the MakeMKV created title mkv file it in VLC I get some errors saying "VLC does not support the audio or video format WVC1. VLC does not support the audio or video format undf." I get no video, but spanish audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.