Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabre364

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
So before my MBP went on the fritz I used vmware (i think the older version, not 2.x) to run vista. It was kind of slow so I upgraded to 4 gigs of ram and then it worked great.

Then I ahd some computer problems and required some resinstallations.

I now have vmware 2.x (it certainly looks different) and the same vista with 4gb of memory. When I first ran vmware, it took >20 minutes to start up vista. I know that it's slower than osx but that was too much, i eventually realized that I had only 1 cpu and 1 gig of ram dedicated to it. I changed that and installed vmware tools.

Now, it runs fine but it still is quite slow to start up. I have dedicated 2 cpu and 2208mb in the setting. I never touched these settings before when I had (I presume) the old vmware... What do you guys run in your settings?

1ne

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Canada Oil Country
My is fast. 15 seconds from resume state. No hanging. Everything is good.

Settings are below.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 58

sabre364

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
hmm i don't know what is going on...this is really annoying, now my mouse sometimes will freeze in the windows partition :dunno:

still takes a while to start up, much longer than a normal windows start up via boto camp:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.