Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I definitely think if the MBA form factor ends up taking the MacBook Brand over, it will definitely get the SD Card slot in its next revision.

I believe we will see MBA like MacBook(S). I think we will get them in both 13" and 15" sizes as the rumor suggested earlier in the spring. Apple has to want to take advantage of the current missing MacBook brand. Apple definitely wants to get rid of the internal optical drives (will include an external free initially for a few revisions). The space saved and all the work done on the MBA has to be for the future of the MacBook itself!

Now, if it remains, MBA as usual, it will NOT get the SD card slot in my opinion.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
I suspect that no matter what happens to the MBA brand the next revision will come with a SD slot. I expect Snow Leopard to be the last software product Apple ships on optical disk.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
I still don't need a SD card slot.....
My MBA is what it is, I think it is perfect. When I need to install software like Lepoard, I connect it to my LED Cinema display and the Super Drive is connected to it. I install it. I never need the optical drive, I don't see where I need the SD Drive. Even the 128Gb Hard drive is fine, mine is half full with a VM of XP and all my iTunes content even. Hell my printer has a SD card slot and I have NEVER used it.....

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
You may not need an SD card slot but it would be a nice for anyone with a digital camera. Also built in 4G/3g for total wireless free dome would set the ball rolling.

Also if the macbooks morphed in to the macbook air, it would be awesome and
propel the Macbook back to its rightful status as king of cool. Also sporting black or white Aluminum & polycarbonate shinny shells! MMMM Supper Light!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 78
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 72

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I still don't need a SD card slot.....
My MBA is what it is, I think it is perfect. When I need to install software like Lepoard, I connect it to my LED Cinema display and the Super Drive is connected to it. I install it. I never need the optical drive, I don't see where I need the SD Drive. Even the 128Gb Hard drive is fine, mine is half full with a VM of XP and all my iTunes content even. Hell my printer has a SD card slot and I have NEVER used it.....

Ideally, not many people have enough money to go pure Apple (display, computer, notebook, etc).

I also think SL will be the last OS Apple ships on DVD. Flash memory is getting cheaper by the day, and 8GB flash drives will be faster to read than DVD. I think the current MacBook line is very *empty* and there should be something to add-in or replace. Maybe the Mac Tablet rumor or the MBA -> MB rebrand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.