PDA

View Full Version : Message for Jim, Sr. Web Developer

dssm
Jul 31, 2009, 08:45 PM
So sorry to start a new thread, but I'm not able to send a private message since I just joined & don't have enough posts... this message is for just Jim, Sr. Web Developer:

Hi Jim! :)
Hope you remember me from the LS forum (I did a google search and found the forum mentioned here is how I ended up here). Apologies for contacting you this way but my email to you bounced back & I'm not able to access that forum to pm you there & I haven't had luck reaching Melissa either. Just wanted to know if you know why the forum has been down for awhile? Is it just a glitch or something new coming? You can email me if you still have my email, or post here to let me know - much appreciated!
take care,
dssm

SrWebDeveloper
Aug 1, 2009, 07:33 AM
So sorry to start a new thread, but I'm not able to send a private message since I just joined & don't have enough posts... this message is for just Jim, Sr. Web Developer:

Hi Jim! :)
Hope you remember me from the LS forum (I did a google search and found the forum mentioned here is how I ended up here). Apologies for contacting you this way but my email to you bounced back & I'm not able to access that forum to pm you there & I haven't had luck reaching Melissa either. Just wanted to know if you know why the forum has been down for awhile? Is it just a glitch or something new coming? You can email me if you still have my email, or post here to let me know - much appreciated!
take care,
dssm

I no longer host it, to save me money I disabled my VPS in this tough economy and I'm now concentrating on my real job. I gave Melissa over a month's notice and sent her the entire DB and code, it's up to her and Angie if they want to re-host it somewhere else or start a new forum. When I took down my VPS my old email, forum and so on also died which explains the contact issues outside this forum. I might setup a new domain cheaply hosted for my resume' only and personal blog, but nothing fancy like before. TBD.

-jim

dssm
Aug 1, 2009, 10:35 AM
Ah, I see! Thanks so much for letting me know - I thought it might be something like that, but I guess they weren't able to get it going or maybe it is taking longer. I'll try to see if I can help them and try and track down Melissa. Thanks again so much for all you did there for us & take care!
-dssm