Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I'm wondering, if you have the white macbook, if you've experienced a problem with it worth calling AppleCare or taking it to your nearest Apple Store, what the problem/situation is?

I'm aware of the bottom keyboard cracking issue and the white case crack marks issue but aside?

Forge94

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2009
Over Heating!

Any one else experienced heating +70 C while browsing?

Even around 60 degrees when i first turn it on.

I really need to contact apple about it !

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
Other than a hard drive crash a year after I got my white MacBook, I've had no other problems.

Slight palm rest discoloration was completely remedied with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser :D

sorchard

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
I have one side of the palm rest cracked, the other side about to crack. I also have the "cracks" on the bottom of the vent, and the DVD drive sounds a bit unhealthy sometimes. No HDD issues as I replaced it for a larger one.

Not really acceptable for a just over 18 month old laptop that was expensive. I didn't get AppleCare and I don't live within convenient distance of an Apple Store to keep going up there to drop it off and pick it up.

Not going to be buying Apple next time.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Display had issues - dust was getting between the glossy part and the actual LCD.

Power adapter went kaput.

That's it. There are other issues but I'm just holding off before dealing with another long repair period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.