PDA

View Full Version : Most Common Reasons Why You Take Your White Macbook To AppleCare?

HappyDude20
Aug 1, 2009, 05:21 AM
I'm wondering, if you have the white macbook, if you've experienced a problem with it worth calling AppleCare or taking it to your nearest Apple Store, what the problem/situation is?

I'm aware of the bottom keyboard cracking issue and the white case crack marks issue but aside?

pica93
Aug 1, 2009, 09:10 AM
-

Daveoc64
Aug 1, 2009, 08:11 PM
The hard drive in my MacBook was replaced last August and the top case (palmrest area cracks) was replaced last month.

Forge94
Aug 1, 2009, 08:56 PM
Over Heating!

Any one else experienced heating +70 C while browsing?

Even around 60 degrees when i first turn it on.

I really need to contact apple about it !

mathcolo
Aug 2, 2009, 12:12 AM
Other than a hard drive crash a year after I got my white MacBook, I've had no other problems.

Slight palm rest discoloration was completely remedied with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser :D

aethelbert
Aug 2, 2009, 12:24 AM
I have sent mine in over the last two and a half years three times, each for severe cracking issues on the bottom case near the vents.

kellen
Aug 2, 2009, 01:03 AM
First gen core duo went in for HD problems and the cracking near the wrist area.

atticus27
Aug 2, 2009, 01:07 AM
I've had mine for 2 years no problems w/ it.

Maserati7200
Aug 2, 2009, 04:28 AM
2 Hard Drive crashes.

sorchard
Aug 2, 2009, 08:03 AM
I have one side of the palm rest cracked, the other side about to crack. I also have the "cracks" on the bottom of the vent, and the DVD drive sounds a bit unhealthy sometimes. No HDD issues as I replaced it for a larger one.

Not really acceptable for a just over 18 month old laptop that was expensive. I didn't get AppleCare and I don't live within convenient distance of an Apple Store to keep going up there to drop it off and pick it up.

Not going to be buying Apple next time.

Warbrain
Aug 2, 2009, 10:20 AM
Display had issues - dust was getting between the glossy part and the actual LCD.

Power adapter went kaput.

That's it. There are other issues but I'm just holding off before dealing with another long repair period.