PDA

View Full Version : How can I record.......

jbrown
Jun 16, 2004, 02:41 AM
....those unsavable little movie clips that are on web pages. The ones that you spend time waiting for them to load...but then because you cant save them you lose them when you sign off!! I know there is a way to copy them ( sort of like a screenshot ) and I saw it being disscussed in these threads,but can't find it!

cheers

MacFan26
Jun 16, 2004, 05:23 AM
If you got to the movie clip from a link, you can just option-click the link and it will download it. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about though, I don't know how to 'copy' a clip :o

BoneyardBoy
Jun 16, 2004, 05:25 AM
If it's an embedded quicktime movie go to View > View Source and in the page that comes up do a search for .mov and it should bring you down to the line which is the location of the movie. Copy the whole url starting from the http:// bit and paste it in an email and send it to yourself. then in the email u get back right-click on the link in it and choose 'save target as'. I'm sure there's a much easier way lol. but thats what i do :)

tjwett
Jun 16, 2004, 09:36 AM
yes, just as MacFan26 says. just option+click and it will automatically download. or the longer way is to right-click(ctrl+click) on the link to the movie and choose "Download Linked File As" or something similar, depending on your version of Safari.

ChrisFromCanada
Jun 16, 2004, 11:03 AM
I use iGetMovies. It works very well.

Version Tracker it.

varmit
Jun 16, 2004, 11:16 AM
When you open a page that has a streaming quicktime file. Go to the Safari bar at the top, under Window, open download and activity. Activity shows the pages you have open and all the parts to it. The quicktime file will be one of the parts of the webpage, which you can do a copy, then click on the download area and paste. (Apple-C then Apple-P is the quickest) Pictures attached. This will keep you from the need to view source and look for the quicktime url.