marcre
Aug 1, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hello all. Quick question. iTunes has categories on the left for
music
movies
tv shows
podcasts
etc...

Why is there no music video category, or is there? I'm not a fan of having music videos mixed in with all my music and then having to hunt them down.

Thanks.

Resist
Sep 11, 2009, 05:26 AM
I am trying to figure this one out as well. Seems like there should be a music video category.

marcre
Sep 11, 2009, 10:11 PM
I am trying to figure this one out as well. Seems like there should be a music video category.

finally a reply, lol.

Yea, with all the stuff iTunes has/does, there is no category there on the left. Seems crazy to me.

dXTC
Sep 11, 2009, 10:26 PM
Look a little lower on the left, in your Playlists area. One of the new preconfigured Smart Playlists in iTunes 9 is called "Music Videos". Its one rule: Media Kind is Music Video.

If you're still in iTunes 8.x, you'll need to enter a common indicator, for example the words Music Video, in an unused field (I'd use Grouping) on each video, then create a Smart Playlist that had the rule: Grouping contains Music Video.

jmann
Sep 11, 2009, 10:28 PM
I agree. I don't have any TV shows, but I have a ton of Music Videos. Booo at apple for this.

iMJustAGuy
Sep 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
One of the new preconfigured Smart Playlists in iTunes 9 is called "Music Videos". .

This has was also there in iTunes 8, we've had it for a while. It makes no sense to me that we have no MV tab though...

marcre
Sep 12, 2009, 09:16 PM
I just don't like having them in there with my music. They get in the way if you select a bunch of songs to create a playlist. You get the popup asking if you want to mix the two. You have to go through and search to deselect them. Not to mention find them to play them. I forget that I have them at times.