Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
I did a search, but no one seems to have any recommendations. I have a 2.8ghz, 512VRam June 2009 macbook pro. What are the graphics settings other mbp owners are using to play the original crysis in bootcamp xp sp3? I have a 1680x1050 external monitor, but I can probably kick the resolution down to 1024. I've been turning off all antialiasing, but the game still runs a tad slow on the high settings. So should i just turn down the shaders or shadows, or what?

Post up your settings!

rj-300zx

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Well Crysis is a horribly optimized game, and I don't feel its that great of a game in general, but I would seriously recommend keeping the shaders and shadows at there highest as that controls a huge part of the atmosphere in the game. Try turning textures to medium, that should free up some v-ram, then try turning down foliage density, water quality, and physics to medium. That way you should get a good performance boost without hurting the visual experience too much. Crysis is a very pretty game, if not the most fun. It was the beautiful layout and awesome visuals that kept me coming back. I still rock the original FarCry though. Still reigns king.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Well Crysis is a horribly optimized game, and I don't feel its that great of a game in general, but I would seriously recommend keeping the shaders and shadows at there highest as that controls a huge part of the atmosphere in the game. Try turning textures to medium, that should free up some v-ram, then try turning down foliage density, water quality, and physics to medium. That way you should get a good performance boost without hurting the visual experience too much. Crysis is a very pretty game, if not the most fun. It was the beautiful layout and awesome visuals that kept me coming back. I still rock the original FarCry though. Still reigns king.

It's not horribly optimized, it's just a very demanding game.

rj-300zx

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
It's not horribly optimized, it's just a very demanding game.

Because its horribly optimized. This was clearly displayed when Warhead came out. They had time to work on the engine and it runs like butter. The original has some major issues. Patches help though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.