PDA

View Full Version : Confused about streaming from itunes to av receiver

Jamnsam
Aug 3, 2009, 01:22 AM
G'day, I have an imac and airport express which I use to stream music from itunes to my stereo system in the kids room which works perfectly.

I recently bought a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver for my home theatre room which has an ethernet connection at the back. I have hard wired the av receiver to my router and I have got a connection as I can hear internet radio stations through the receiver.

What I cant figure out is how to stream music from itunes to the receiver in a similar manner to the way I do with airport express. I was hoping this would be possible as I dont want to have to purchase another airport express if I can help it.

Thanks.

foofan
Aug 4, 2009, 12:21 PM
I use my appletv to stream my music. You can store your music on there but you can also stream them to.

I have my appletv hardwired to my router. Once I open itunes , there is a drop down menu in the bottom right of itunes. it allows to choose to listen music via computer or appletv. it really works great.

djjclark
Aug 4, 2009, 12:35 PM
Pretty sure you are going to need software on your mac know as a media server. I didnt look up any info on your receiver but it sounds like it supports the DLNA format.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=440907