View Full Version : Apple posts QuickTime stream of Europe iTMS

Freg3000
Jun 16, 2004, 08:49 PM
I'm watching it now....

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/musicevent04/

:D

ChrisFromCanada
Jun 16, 2004, 10:18 PM
I'm watching it too. I have noticed the audience dosen't seem very "into it." Also didn't realize that it was coming to the rest of europe later on. Anyway...cool stuff :cool:

Fukui
Jun 16, 2004, 11:36 PM
Say whatever you want about steve, but he's gotta be the master of presentation...

asif3
Jun 17, 2004, 02:31 AM
wow, that was one hell of a hard crowd. hope that doesnt discourage steve from coming here again - maybe next time he can just invite us mac fans :)

Savage Henry
Jun 17, 2004, 02:54 AM
Of course it's a tough crowd, it's the UK !!!! Duh :rolleyes:

We're still too celeb obsessed that significant cultural events are considered too high-brow.

To a lot of people round here Steve Jobs is just some bloke who owns a company. I wonder if he's having second thoughts about the London store?

aussie_geek
Jun 17, 2004, 03:27 AM
wow, that was one hell of a hard crowd. hope that doesnt discourage steve from coming here again - maybe next time he can just invite us mac fans :)

You can say that again. That was the most silent crowd I have ever seen on Apple's presentations. Steve pulled it off great - it didn't seem to bother him! :cool:

aussie_geek

ps - he should come down here to Australia if there is an iTunes music store released in Asia / Pacific. I'm sure we'd give him a warm welcome.

russed
Jun 17, 2004, 03:54 AM
anyone know what the song is at the begining?

belair
Jun 17, 2004, 04:47 AM
Yeah I like the song as well. It's from this young Australian band called Stereogram. They did a promo on the apple news page:

http://www.apple.com/pro/music/steriogram/

I like the spirit of this band. First of they are macheads (according to the site) and they are all about "rock", wich always good. :D

I am watching the stream right now and that crowd is as english as it gets. They just listen. They are not into apllauding an screaming. What for? its only an online store.

I guess they did enjoy it but in old europe people are usually a tougher crowd anyways. Steve did a great job(s) and I look forward for the itms for all of europe.

(they should have offered free lager before the show, that would have won over that crowd, just like that) :D

johnnyjibbs
Jun 17, 2004, 05:09 AM
That was a cool presentation. I've now downloaded 10 songs from the store - I caved into a couple of Disney ones after seeing that!!!!!!

Might have to revert to shopping cart shopping: this one-click "Buy Song" lark is troubling for impulse people!

Now I just need to work on getting my parents to get broadband and a couple of AirPort Express...

asif3
Jun 17, 2004, 06:06 AM
[QUOTE=johnnyjibbs]
Might have to revert to shopping cart shopping: this one-click "Buy Song" lark is troubling for impulse people!QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean - I set a budget of 150/month for myself and I've already gone over within 2 days - and the trouble is im not slowing down at all.

My best buy fromt he disney area has to be the 'Axel F' theme :D

fingers
Jun 17, 2004, 06:48 AM
Well the audience were all journalists... not the usual Mac faithfull.

MacsRgr8
Jun 17, 2004, 08:23 AM
What I didn't know was that the rest of Europe also pay 0.99 for one song. Just 4 months to go.
Good news for us, bad news for the UK....