Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released GarageBand 5.1, addressing general compatibility and stability issues as well as several other minor fixes.
This update addresses general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and fixes a number of other minor issues. The issues addressed include:

- GarageBand track effects and Audio Units can now be added to a guitar track
- Improved support for Apogee audio interfaces
- Faster switching to full screen in Magic GarageBand
- Improved access to audio monitoring settings
The update weighs in at 139.29 MB and requires OS X 10.5.6 or later.

Article Link: Apple Releases GarageBand 5.1

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
yeah, other minors issues such as

Apple today warned that its GarageBand software is leaking users’ Web activity to third parties and advertisers.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I like this update....:cool:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 174

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
I think Apple owe an explanation for how this could possibly occur? Seems very unlikely to be an accident.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I'd been noticing the cookie issue in Safari for a while and kept checking whenever I launched Safari, but I had no idea what was causing it - I'm glad to know, though I share others' befuddlement as to how this happened. I don't think it was done intentionally, but still, odd. I am sure that my cookie prefs have changed without launching GarageBand though, so I'm probably going to still be checking for a while. I really hope it's fixed, because it's the kind of thing that would send me over to Firefox as my primary browser.

As for the rest of the update, "GarageBand track effects and Audio Units can now be added to a guitar track" is a huge one for me if that's done right - the inability to do this before had made the guitar tracks next-to-worthless apart from casual playing until now.

downloading...

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
I too have been wondering who was messing with my Safari/WebKit settings. Naughty Garage Band. Naughty Apple.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
*sigh*

Has anyone else tried adding track effects / audio units to a guitar track yet on a 1680x1050 display or lower? Is it just me or is there no way to scroll down properly? Was this only tested on a 1900x1200 display maybe? I'm glad this feature has been added, but it seems like it needs more work.

Attachments

• 2it0zgw.jpg
    2it0zgw.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 121

Ade-iMac-177

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
*sigh*

Has anyone else tried adding track effects / audio units to a guitar track yet on a 1680x1050 display or lower? Is it just me or is there no way to scroll down properly? Was this only tested on a 1900x1200 display maybe? I'm glad this feature has been added, but it seems like it needs more work.

You just click on the up arrow in the circle. It is counter-intuative but it works

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
You just click on the up arrow in the circle. It is counter-intuative but it works

:eek: Ahh... I must have not clicked on it properly earlier, I thought I'd tried that already. Thanks Ade-iMac-177 :)

*back in happy GarageBand place*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.