PDA

View Full Version : Beagle Virus

eyelight
Jun 17, 2004, 12:52 PM
A friend e-mailed to say he'd received about 4 e-mails from me lately and all had the Beagle Virus. Since I'd only e-mailed him twice at most during this period I was a bit worried, but also I though Macs were impervious to this virus. Can a Mac pass it on without being affected itself ?

If I have it, what can I do to remove it ? All solutions I've checked seem to be just for PC

MisterMe
Jun 17, 2004, 01:19 PM
A friend e-mailed to say he'd received about 4 e-mails from me lately and all had the Beagle Virus. Since I'd only e-mailed him twice at most during this period I was a bit worried, but also I though Macs were impervious to this virus. Can a Mac pass it on without being affected itself ?

If I have it, what can I do to remove it ? All solutions I've checked seem to be just for PCIt's called "spoofing." The Beagle virus is a worm whose complete name is W32.Beagle@mm. The "W32" means that it is a 32-bit Windows virus. It cannot infect your computer. The worm extracted your email address from a Windows-using friend or colleague's address book. The worm spoofs your email address while sending infected emails to others. This means that it pretends to be you in order to thwart the real source of its infected computers. You can't do anything about W32.Beagle@mm because it is not on your computer.