Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donnie156

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
I bought this mac last year and decided to put a windows partition on it. I decided the partition was way too small so I erased it and made a new one. This time when I went to make a partition on my hard drive it said the beta had expired. I looked deeper into this message and some sites said to put your clock was to before September of 2007. Doing so I now get this message. Bootcamp assistant cannot open. This version of Boot Camp Assistant is not supported in Mac OS X v10.5. Use Boot Camp Assistant 2.0, located in /Applications/Utilities/. Well first i don't have a boot camp 2.0. So I downloaded the combo pack to make sure my firmware and such was up to date which it was. I still get this error message. Some help would be nice, Thanks.:)

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
It appears to me that you are trying to run the beta Boot Camp assistant under Leopard, which has it's own Boot Camp assistant. I recommend running Pacifist and reinstalling the Boot Camp assistant from your Leopard DVD.

Donnie156

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Wow quick response. And it worked! Thanks very much. Though I do feel kinda silly for trying to run the wrong boot camp.:D Thanks again

Nickygbaby

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
Help!

It appears to me that you are trying to run the beta Boot Camp assistant under Leopard, which has it's own Boot Camp assistant. I recommend running Pacifist and reinstalling the Boot Camp assistant from your Leopard DVD.

I got the same This version of Boot Camp Assistant is not supported in Mac OS X v10.5. Use Boot Camp Assistant 2.0, located in /Applications/Utilities/.
message when I changed my clock and I don't even have Boot Camp Assistant 2.0! You said to reinstall Leopard? I have Snow Leopard. I don't know what to do because I don't have the disk either! help!! :confused::confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.