PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again: What are you currently playing?

Taustin Powers
Aug 5, 2009, 01:42 AM
What's in your "rotation" right now?

For me:

- Far Cry 2
It has been ever since it came out. I'm ****ing addicted to roaming the beautiful landscape, sneaking up on camps, sniping guards and setting everything on fire. I'm only 54% done with the main missions, and I've put 40+ hours into the game already.

- Bioshock
Finally started it this summer, and now I have some free time again, so I can't wait to finish it. Loving it so far!

- Resident Evil 5
I finally bought it yesterday and will probably get started on it today. Can't wait! I have come to terms with the controls and think this is gonna be a fun ride!

jabingla2810
Aug 5, 2009, 04:22 AM
I share your thoughts with FC2.... amazing game.

Apart from guards respawning far too often, I couldnt fault it..... It came into its own when I got the stealth suit thing, and the dart rifle, fun times

Im currently playing Half Life: source....... brings back so many memories.... its an amazing game.

Also playing some TF2 and CS:S.

After completing Bioshock (amazing), my xbox has become a bit redundant.... i'd sell it if Splinter cell conviction wasnt an exclusive..... my macbook probably wont run it quite as well, lol

peskaa
Aug 5, 2009, 06:03 AM
Final Fantasy VII (PSP) - I go back to this every few years, and this time it is the PSN port which is brilliant. Fills time on trains really well.

Fallout 3 - back to it! I'm now polishing off a final couple of PS3 trophies to nab the platinum. Got two quests left to complete (Nuca-Cola Quantum, Simply Business), getting to Level 20 as an Evil and Neutral character and collecting all 20 Bobbleheads.

Fat Princess - 'nuff said. Multiplayer fun!

Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - yeah, old nostalgic classic. Snapped it up off the Xbox Marketplace.

Red Alert 3 - Picked it up at the weekend cheap, so blasting through the single player. Fun, but I preferred Generals and some of the earlier games - I think RA's graphics are still too cartoon'y.

BOSS10L
Aug 5, 2009, 07:30 AM
NCAA Football '10

Taustin Powers
Aug 5, 2009, 07:34 AM
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - yeah, old nostalgic classic. Snapped it up off the Xbox Marketplace.

Awesome. I still have the first three Monkey Islands (and the Maniac Mansions) on my Macbook to re-play sometime. ScummVM is quite a wonderful thing.

Are you playing with the new graphics or old school VGA style?

BoyBach
Aug 5, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm replaying Super Mario World on the Wii's Virtual Console.

peskaa
Aug 5, 2009, 08:16 AM
Awesome. I still have the first three Monkey Islands (and the Maniac Mansions) on my Macbook to re-play sometime. ScummVM is quite a wonderful thing.

Are you playing with the new graphics or old school VGA style?

Mainly with the new graphics (they're nicely done, very much faithful to the originals), but switching back now and then. Unfortunately the old graphics are stuck at a 4:3 ratio, and by the time you've used up space for the control options, there is actually very little occupied space on a modern HDTV. The new ones are full 16:9 with the controls tied to hotkeys or pop-up menus.

theITGuy
Aug 5, 2009, 01:32 PM
Still playing Halo 3 and COD WaW...waiting for Halo ODST to arrive and I may buy a Wii again for Super Mario Galaxy II...

Cheers.

-J.-

michaelltd
Aug 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
Currently playing:

Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)
Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
EarthBound (SNES)
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (PC)

Dagless
Aug 5, 2009, 05:34 PM
Smash Bros Brawl
Pokemon Pearl
Mario Galaxy
Twilight Princess (will be in a week or so. Been years since I last played it and from what I remember it was stunning from start to finish)
Prime 3
Gears of War 2 (in co-op, just up to the Hive chapter and its all kind of meh)
Fallout 3

And of course L4D! 350 total game hours since I bought it in Jan. It's an addiction fo sho. Just built myself a gaming PC (eff you iMac!) so I can give Crysis a proper go too.

gusious
Aug 6, 2009, 03:39 AM
Halo 3
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

I had bought them in Christmas but i didn't have any free time to play them...

Now? It's time to get BURNED!!!

twistedlegato
Aug 6, 2009, 09:23 AM
I just got through Resident Evil 4 on the Wii (or any console for that matter) for my first time. I guess i'm a little late, but damn, that game was brilliant :D

matt18012
Aug 6, 2009, 04:31 PM
I agree with the FC2 comments, great great game. I do wish it had more vehicles; perhaps a helicopter. I'm currently going back through my unbeaten DS games. So far I've completed New Super Mario Bros and now I'm finishing up Phantom Hourglass. I'm really excited for Mario RPG 3 in Sept!

InvalidUserID
Aug 6, 2009, 04:49 PM
UFC Undisputed and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

Picked both up used at the local game store while reserving the latest Halo for my nephew.

sikkinixx
Aug 6, 2009, 07:20 PM
Persona 4
-Still...

Afro Samurai
- Action gets a bit repetitive, but yeah, love the style and Samuel L. Jackson mother*****.

Red Faction: Guerilla
- Love it. Lots of mindless fun.

Civ 4
- Getting better at it, still hard though.

CoD:WaW
- Eh... not as good as CoD4, MUST HAVE MW2!

GH:WT
- The gf picked it up, so I like to mess around with it. Nice song selection.

I am fighting every urge to buy The Witcher. Steam has it 30% off and I have heard its really fun... but... but... do I have the time?! NO!! AHH!

spoon man
Aug 7, 2009, 05:50 AM
Red Faction guerilla - The game is just awsome the engine the game works on is brillaint and the building destruction is brilliant i haven't seen destruction on a game like it and weapons are great but knocking 7 bells of ****** out of the enemy with a sledge hammer which is so satisfying to hear the screams of pain or smash them throught walls :D

Fallout 3 - Playing it again this is my second time around this time just stealing and being mean lol but i can't wait till the DLC comes to the psn

NHL 09 getting my season finished off as the detroit red winds and waiting till NHL 010 comes out :)

Guitar Hero-World Tour. just started playing it again after getting pissed of with the Tool challenge months back but now i can see why it is really addictive.

Taustin Powers
Aug 7, 2009, 06:55 AM
^

Punctuation is your friend! :eek:

Dagless
Aug 7, 2009, 09:03 AM
Well I just started up on Crysis and now I've finally got a machine that runs it without year long loading - I'm finding it very enjoyable. Love these kind of sandbox games where you can attack how you like.
Just started up on Pokemon Ruby again.

aidricksdad
Aug 7, 2009, 11:13 AM
me playin CYRSIS too....im also waiting for madden to waste so much of my time

2nyRiggz
Aug 7, 2009, 12:11 PM
Fat Princess - Multiplayer is fun.

Folklore - This gem was overlooked but I love the art style and folks.

Team Fortress 2 - Been playing it all year and I don't think that will stop.

Mass Effect - I sold it because it was just boring but I picked it up again for $15.00 new so I'll try my hand again.

Bless

jalagl
Aug 12, 2009, 06:49 PM
Currently playing:

God of War (PS2) - I'm about to finish it, going to start GOW II after it

Ikaruga (X360) - Best shooter ever, love the XBLA version.

New Super Mario Bros. (DSi) - Amazing old-school platformer.

JackAxe
Aug 12, 2009, 08:15 PM
Ikaruga (X360) - Best shooter ever

Are you sure? :)

Dagless
Aug 12, 2009, 08:19 PM
Well there's a new TF2 DLC update (http://www.teamfortress.com/) coming out very soon. So I guess it's time to stop playing everything else again :D.

capoeirista
Aug 13, 2009, 07:23 AM
Chrono Trigger (DS) had a very long break but have just gotten my head round the story again. It really is a good game.

And for some reason.....

Half Life: Opposing Force (Macbook via Crossover games). I don't know why either:confused:. It's quite good though, and I haven't played it in many (many) years....

I think I might just pick through my pile of shame until Scribblenaughts comes out...

Mattlike
Aug 14, 2009, 12:21 PM
In the past couple of months I have played/beaten:

Resident Evil 5
inFAMOUS (Best game of 09 IMO)
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2

Currently playing Assassin's Creed :)

Unspoken Demise
Aug 14, 2009, 12:24 PM
Gears of War 2.
Patiently awaiting CoD MW 2
and when I have the money for a PS3
for GoW3. :D

Antares
Aug 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Wii Sports Resort
Fallout 3
Wario Land Shake It!

PCtoMAC?
Aug 14, 2009, 02:09 PM
As far as console stuff goes I like a lot of replay value so I play a lot of the same stuff over and over but recently

Call of duty 4
Gears of War 2...love these games
Bioshock...one of the best games I've ever played

On the Computer side I am waiting on my new MBP so I can start playing CSS again, in bootcamp of course.

pcypert
Aug 17, 2009, 06:12 AM
At this moment Ghostbusters

sikkinixx
Aug 17, 2009, 08:23 AM
I'm trying to work away at my backlog so this weekend I finally FINALLY finished Tomb Raider Legend on the 360. <3 Tomb Raider even if the combat is horrible, the graphics are meh and the movement is janky... Now onto either Prey, The Darkness or Battlefield: Bad Company.

Dagless
Aug 17, 2009, 10:28 AM
I really enjoyed playing through Prey. The last bits were a bit meh, but overall it was a nice trippy shooter. But this was years ago and on the PC. My glasses may be slightly rose tinted.

Finished Crysis and onto Warhead. Mygod this runs so much better. Max settings and good performance (even if its at a 720p res). Then back to TF2 for the update. Then to the Xbox.

Taustin Powers
Aug 17, 2009, 10:34 AM
Wasn't Prey the game that had a multiplayer stage that looked that Escher painting, "stairs"?

sikkinixx
Aug 17, 2009, 11:55 AM
I really enjoyed playing through Prey. The last bits were a bit meh, but overall it was a nice trippy shooter. But this was years ago and on the PC. My glasses may be slightly rose tinted.

Finished Crysis and onto Warhead. Mygod this runs so much better. Max settings and good performance (even if its at a 720p res). Then back to TF2 for the update. Then to the Xbox.

Yeah I got a few levels in and stopped playing it. Sad that I got the special edition for $5 at EB Games a while back...

And Warhead does run way better eh? My machine chugged through Crysis at more than 1440x900 but Warhead can do 1650x1050 at max settings... so.. so... pretty...

Wasn't Prey the game that had a multiplayer stage that looked that Escher painting, "stairs"?

I think so, the whole game has "portals" and anti-gravity and such. I doubt anyone plays it online anymore :D

PowerGamerX
Aug 17, 2009, 01:13 PM
Doom 3 and Rise of Nations. Also Uncharted on PS3

duncyboy
Aug 18, 2009, 10:30 AM
Also Uncharted on PS3

Just ordered Uncharted, hoping to have it by the end of the week.

Bought a PS3 about a month ago and got
Street Fighter IV (not played this much to be honest)
Metal Gear 4 (as above- looks good but not gripped me)
and I've 'finished' Force Unleashed and GT Prologue- liked both of those a lot.

That's the beauty of arriving to the PS3 party so late. Great games for £10/£15 :D

gniss39
Sep 4, 2009, 12:55 AM
I'm going through Halo, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind again!

diddy
Sep 4, 2009, 01:11 AM
I just finished my first playthrough of Batman - Arkham Asylum. Loved it. The fighting in the game just feels good. I found myself leaving Detective Mode on a lot, which is a shame because the art direction is really fantastic.

Right now I'm playing Red Faction: Guerrilla while I wait for Uncharted 2. I'm having a great time with the destructible environments and being a badass with the sledgehammer, but the driving is killing it for me. I mean, I know Mars is empty, but geez.

Other than that, some 'Splosion Man on XBLA.

My poor Mii. I think he's starving to death.

peskaa
Sep 4, 2009, 04:15 AM
MAG, Fat Princess and yet more Fallout 3.

Other half is playing Ghostbusters and Batman.

zap2
Sep 6, 2009, 11:16 PM
Xbox 360
Gears of War 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Wii
The Conduit(sort of)

No love for PS3, PSP or DS right now(at least regularly)

Huntn
Sep 6, 2009, 11:18 PM
GoW 2 and WoW WotLK.

MacRumorUser
Sep 7, 2009, 03:35 AM
Wolfenstein, Juarez 2, Trials HD on the 360.

Batman Arkham & Batman Lego, Resistance 2 (nearly finished but not quite), Dead Space & Ghostbusters PS3..

Bits & pieces on wii...... Will pick up Metroid Trilogy & Conduit sometime soon.

Ivan P
Sep 7, 2009, 03:44 AM
Am still getting through Uncharted, and am replaying COW: Modern Warfare.

Dagless
Sep 7, 2009, 08:05 AM
Currently playing
Final Fantasy IV DS
Left4Dead PC
In teh queueueu
Final Fantasy III DS (IV arrived first :p)
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Worms Open Warfare 2 PSP
Maybe Pokemon Platinum too, not sure if I should jump in yet but it's only going to get super expensive like the other 3rd versions did.

The girlfriend is in a mega FF mood and that kinda rubbed off on me :o

Taustin Powers
Sep 7, 2009, 08:10 AM
Burnout Paradise recently snuck back onto my list, after I purchased Big Surf Island.

Just so much fun, that game!

Bennieboyİ
Sep 7, 2009, 09:26 AM
currently hamming it through fallout 3 mostly, also playing a bit of GTA IV and resistance 2 all on ps3 <3

NewbieNerd
Sep 8, 2009, 12:38 PM
Blue Dragon (360) - Nearing end of first disc, on Hard mode. Story and voices are poor, but looks great, has old school gameplay and job system, enough challenge with the free DLC hard mode.

Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD (PS3) - Had this game forever but just got to it last weekend, beat it this weekend. My first game in the series, but definitely not my last. So fun, looks awesome. Playing through it again on the Challenge Mode, hopefully will get that RYNO gun.

NBA Live 09 (360) - I go through spells playing this one. Won't be getting 10, so should get a bit more play out of this one.

Final Fantasy VII (PSP) - Looks great on the PSP, great to play through one more time before the remake... ;)

In the queue...
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP), Quest for Booty (PS3), A Crack in Time (PS3) - I'm hooked on the series now!
Final Fantasy I and III - I'm well into both of these games already, just haven't picked them up in a while
Tales of Vesperia
Eternal Sonata
Lost Odyssey

NinjaMonkey
Sep 8, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm slowly making my way through Uncharted and later this week I'll have my copy of Little Big Planet: GOTY. I also need to play some more Wii Sports Resort.

GFLPraxis
Sep 10, 2009, 12:35 PM
Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I can't stop :(

This game has consumed me as a gamer.

Antares
Sep 10, 2009, 12:43 PM
I'm currently playing Batman Arkham Asylum on PS3, exclusivley. Howerver, I still need to beat the last boss in Wario Land Shake It! on Wii. Also, finish up Fallout 3 on the PS3 (and the expansions once they come out).

In the queue:
Tales of Symphonia (Wii)
Muramasa The Demon Blade (Wii)

BoyBach
Sep 11, 2009, 05:14 AM
Metroid Prime (from the Metroid Prime Trilogy) on the Wii and Civilisation Revolution on the iPod touch.

spoon man
Sep 11, 2009, 02:42 PM
Just got Batman so far so good :)