Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
What's in your "rotation" right now?

For me:

- Far Cry 2
It has been ever since it came out. I'm ****ing addicted to roaming the beautiful landscape, sneaking up on camps, sniping guards and setting everything on fire. I'm only 54% done with the main missions, and I've put 40+ hours into the game already.

- Bioshock
Finally started it this summer, and now I have some free time again, so I can't wait to finish it. Loving it so far!

- Resident Evil 5
I finally bought it yesterday and will probably get started on it today. Can't wait! I have come to terms with the controls and think this is gonna be a fun ride!

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I share your thoughts with FC2.... amazing game.

Apart from guards respawning far too often, I couldnt fault it..... It came into its own when I got the stealth suit thing, and the dart rifle, fun times

Im currently playing Half Life: source....... brings back so many memories.... its an amazing game.

Also playing some TF2 and CS:S.

After completing Bioshock (amazing), my xbox has become a bit redundant.... i'd sell it if Splinter cell conviction wasnt an exclusive..... my macbook probably wont run it quite as well, lol

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Final Fantasy VII (PSP) - I go back to this every few years, and this time it is the PSN port which is brilliant. Fills time on trains really well.

Fallout 3 - back to it! I'm now polishing off a final couple of PS3 trophies to nab the platinum. Got two quests left to complete (Nuca-Cola Quantum, Simply Business), getting to Level 20 as an Evil and Neutral character and collecting all 20 Bobbleheads.

Fat Princess - 'nuff said. Multiplayer fun!

Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - yeah, old nostalgic classic. Snapped it up off the Xbox Marketplace.

Red Alert 3 - Picked it up at the weekend cheap, so blasting through the single player. Fun, but I preferred Generals and some of the earlier games - I think RA's graphics are still too cartoon'y.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - yeah, old nostalgic classic. Snapped it up off the Xbox Marketplace.

Awesome. I still have the first three Monkey Islands (and the Maniac Mansions) on my Macbook to re-play sometime. ScummVM is quite a wonderful thing.

Are you playing with the new graphics or old school VGA style?

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Awesome. I still have the first three Monkey Islands (and the Maniac Mansions) on my Macbook to re-play sometime. ScummVM is quite a wonderful thing.

Are you playing with the new graphics or old school VGA style?

Mainly with the new graphics (they're nicely done, very much faithful to the originals), but switching back now and then. Unfortunately the old graphics are stuck at a 4:3 ratio, and by the time you've used up space for the control options, there is actually very little occupied space on a modern HDTV. The new ones are full 16:9 with the controls tied to hotkeys or pop-up menus.

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
Currently playing:

Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)
Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
EarthBound (SNES)
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (PC)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Smash Bros Brawl
Pokemon Pearl
Mario Galaxy
Twilight Princess (will be in a week or so. Been years since I last played it and from what I remember it was stunning from start to finish)
Prime 3
Gears of War 2 (in co-op, just up to the Hive chapter and its all kind of meh)
Fallout 3

And of course L4D! 350 total game hours since I bought it in Jan. It's an addiction fo sho. Just built myself a gaming PC (eff you iMac!) so I can give Crysis a proper go too.

gusious

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2007
Greece
Halo 3
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

I had bought them in Christmas but i didn't have any free time to play them...

Now? It's time to get BURNED!!!

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I just got through Resident Evil 4 on the Wii (or any console for that matter) for my first time. I guess i'm a little late, but damn, that game was brilliant :D

matt18012

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2003
I agree with the FC2 comments, great great game. I do wish it had more vehicles; perhaps a helicopter. I'm currently going back through my unbeaten DS games. So far I've completed New Super Mario Bros and now I'm finishing up Phantom Hourglass. I'm really excited for Mario RPG 3 in Sept!

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Persona 4
-Still...

Afro Samurai
- Action gets a bit repetitive, but yeah, love the style and Samuel L. Jackson mother*****.

Red Faction: Guerilla
- Love it. Lots of mindless fun.

Civ 4
- Getting better at it, still hard though.

CoD:WaW
- Eh... not as good as CoD4, MUST HAVE MW2!

GH:WT
- The gf picked it up, so I like to mess around with it. Nice song selection.

I am fighting every urge to buy The Witcher. Steam has it 30% off and I have heard its really fun... but... but... do I have the time?! NO!! AHH!

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
Red Faction guerilla - The game is just awsome the engine the game works on is brillaint and the building destruction is brilliant i haven't seen destruction on a game like it and weapons are great but knocking 7 bells of s**t out of the enemy with a sledge hammer which is so satisfying to hear the screams of pain or smash them throught walls :D

Fallout 3 - Playing it again this is my second time around this time just stealing and being mean lol but i can't wait till the DLC comes to the psn

NHL 09 getting my season finished off as the detroit red winds and waiting till NHL 010 comes out :)

Guitar Hero-World Tour. just started playing it again after getting pissed of with the Tool challenge months back but now i can see why it is really addictive.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Well I just started up on Crysis and now I've finally got a machine that runs it without year long loading - I'm finding it very enjoyable. Love these kind of sandbox games where you can attack how you like.
Just started up on Pokemon Ruby again.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Fat Princess - Multiplayer is fun.

Folklore - This gem was overlooked but I love the art style and folks.

Team Fortress 2 - Been playing it all year and I don't think that will stop.

Mass Effect - I sold it because it was just boring but I picked it up again for $15.00 new so I'll try my hand again.

Bless

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
Currently playing:

God of War (PS2) - I'm about to finish it, going to start GOW II after it

Ikaruga (X360) - Best shooter ever, love the XBLA version.

New Super Mario Bros. (DSi) - Amazing old-school platformer.

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
Chrono Trigger (DS) had a very long break but have just gotten my head round the story again. It really is a good game.

And for some reason.....

Half Life: Opposing Force (Macbook via Crossover games). I don't know why either:confused:. It's quite good though, and I haven't played it in many (many) years....

I think I might just pick through my pile of shame until Scribblenaughts comes out...

Mattlike

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2007
Southern California
In the past couple of months I have played/beaten:

Resident Evil 5
inFAMOUS (Best game of 09 IMO)
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2

Currently playing Assassin's Creed :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.